Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stickers (4) arrived just now in the mail. Waited a long time, but will now be able to save a few minutes now and then. It took just over a week to get them from the time I mailed my request.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ca HOV Legal

Sorry, unable to provide a picture. If you have seen the stickers used on alternative powered vehicles for several years in Ca., these are like those, except yellow in color. There are two larger ones for the bumpers and smaller ones for the rear quarter panels.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Do you have to put them on the Bumber, or can you place them on the rear lower window and small rear side windows?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to knowif they HAVE to be put on the bumper too. Can you say, "Goodbye resale value?"

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yah - MAKE me slap a sticker on the quarter panels. G'head. :shock:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ca HOV legal

OK, for now I'm putting one of the larger ones in the small hatch panel, on the inside, attached with tape. I'm also putting one in the right rear quarter window, also with tape. I didn't remove the any backing or anything to get to the adhesive. Beyond the idea of messing up the appearance or damaging the paint, I don't want to have them on my car permanently, which I feel might invite vandalism. I'm also going to look for a product called "Cool Shade" which is a sheet of tinted plastic that sticks to the window due to stactic electricity. I think you could put the sticker on the window and spread the sheet over it for temporary display.
Wait until you see the instructions. Typical of so many government agencies, they tell you to put the bumper stickers on the right end of both bumpers, but the diagram shows the front one on the left end of the bumper. If I get stopped for not displaying enough stickers, or in the wrong places, then I will deal with it. If a CHP officer gets close enough to tell whether there is a child in the rear seat, he or she should be able to see my stickers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Ca HOV legal

Roger V said:
OK, for now I'm putting one of the larger ones in the small hatch panel, on the inside, attached with tape. I'm also putting one in the right rear quarter window, also with tape. I didn't remove the any backing or anything to get to the adhesive. Beyond the idea of messing up the appearance or damaging the paint, I don't want to have them on my car permanently, which I feel might invite vandalism. I'm also going to look for a product called "Cool Shade" which is a sheet of tinted plastic that sticks to the window due to stactic electricity. I think you could put the sticker on the window and spread the sheet over it for temporary display.
Wait until you see the instructions. Typical of so many government agencies, they tell you to put the bumper stickers on the right end of both bumpers, but the diagram shows the front one on the left end of the bumper. If I get stopped for not displaying enough stickers, or in the wrong places, then I will deal with it. If a CHP officer gets close enough to tell whether there is a child in the rear seat, he or she should be able to see my stickers.
Good idea using tape to "attach" them. I had the same idea. I was also thinking about getting some of that magnetic sheeting like they make those custom "car door signs" out of. You can buy and cut to the shape you want then stick the stickers onto them. Of course the bumpers aren't metal so tape may be the way to go there. I've got a "bra" on the front so that creates another problem.

As far as the directions for placement check that again. The picture does indeed show the "right end of each" (unless the instructions they mail to you are different than the ones "online).

Attachments

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's all in your point of view

Well, yeah, it's the "right side of the bumper" if you're looking at the bumper, but on the front, it's on what is considered the left side of the car.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: It's all in your point of view

JKnight said:
Well, yeah, it's the "right side of the bumper" if you're looking at the bumper, but on the front, it's on what is considered the left side of the car.
See....? That's why it says, "ride side of the bumper"; not, "right side of the car". :roll:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi There -

I just took delivery of my prius, and I'm confused about something re the HOV lane -

I'm in the bay area, so I have to deal with the fastrak thing. My question is this: do I have to wait until I've received my registration and plate to get the fastrak and/or HOV sticker?

I tried to call the fastrak folks, and the person I talked with gave me two completely contradictory answers. First she said I needed to wait for my registration and license number, then she said I didn't. Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
69 Posts
Am this Bizarro planet?

See....? That's why it says, "ride side of the bumper"; not, "right side of the car".
So, by this logic, the right side of the bumper is on the left side of the car....

:roll:

Why not say, "passenger side" and "driver side"?

Jan

·
Registered
508 Posts
kappntrippin said:
I think you would have to wait, because the forms ask for your license plate number.
This may be wrong, but a friend of mine who recently purchased his Prius said he called DMV, and they told him his VIN was enough if he didn't have plates yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: Am this Bizarro planet?

JKnight said:
See....? That's why it says, "ride side of the bumper"; not, "right side of the car".
So, by this logic, the right side of the bumper is on the left side of the car....

:roll:

Why not say, "passenger side" and "driver side"?

Jan
Now you've got it! The right side of the front bumper is indeed on the left side of the car.

They could've done that..... 8)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts