Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if our stickers allow us to drive in the car pool lane onramps to the freeway?

Roberta

·
Registered
457 Posts
"Does anyone know if our stickers allow us to drive in the car pool lane onramps to the freeway?"
Why would the on-ramp be any different..?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Yes they do. The only roads where they don't apply are county expressways (like the San Tomas Expressway in the bay area).

·
Registered
4 Posts
JDavies said:
"Does anyone know if our stickers allow us to drive in the car pool lane onramps to the freeway?"
Why would the on-ramp be any different..?
Cuz, on ramps are different. They are carpool 24/7 (Learned that in traffic school) check it out, there is not "times" listed on the signs there. Note I am only talking about onramps and not interchanges.

But in this case, yes you may use the carpool ramps AFAIK.

·
Registered
80 Posts
redwein said:
Yes they do. The only roads where they don't apply are county expressways (like the San Tomas Expressway in the bay area).
Where did that exclusion come from?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
It has something to do with the way the legislation is written that it only is allowed on roads that get federal highway money. It was explained in the Road Show column in the San Jose Mercury news.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:(

·
Registered
82 Posts
ScubaX said:
ScubaX,
I bet you were like me driving on those expressways laughing and smiling all the way to work on HOV lanes for quite sometime until I realized that I had been violating the "law" per se all those times. Now seriously, cops are gonna enforce that law. No kidding. Get off the HOV lanes of those expressways unless you got two or more people in your Prius.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ceric said:
ScubaX said:
ScubaX,
I bet you were like me driving on those expressways laughing and smiling all the way to work on HOV lanes for quite sometime until I realized that I had been violating the "law" per se all those times. ....
Nope, I live in Monterey and work nights in Palo Alto. By the time I get off work at 9am, the commute is over anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts