Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without any confirmed 2006 prices and package information here in Western MA., Area dealers will not order a 2006 Prius yet. They will order one using 2005 information which makes no sense to me. How can I best find a dealer that will allow me to order a 2006 package 6, and pay for it after 1/1/06 to get that tax credit?!?!??! I'll travel anywhere in New England to make sure I get one of those first 60,000 cars. Anyone???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im in the same boat as you basically...I'd travel mostly anywhere in the New England area for an honest dealer whose willing to price up a 2006 Prius

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the same info here in Indiana today. They'll take my money down now, ($500.00) and order me a 06', but will have to fine tune it with pricing when it becomes available.

The Dealer in South Bend told me that the 06' Prius should have different headlights, and tailights. Also that leather would be an option.

Speedin149

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you're concerned about the "first 60,000" vehicles for the tax credits, relax. My understanding is that once the manufacturer reaches the 60,000th vehicle, the tax credit starts to decline AFTER the following quarter ... so if you buy in the first 6 months of 2006, you get the full tax credit. Even if Toyota sells 600,000 of them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
MRMOTH1 said:
How can I best find a dealer that will allow me to order a 2006 package 6, and pay for it after 1/1/06 to get that tax credit?!?!??! I'll travel anywhere in New England to make sure I get one of those first 60,000 cars. Anyone???
just go in and give a deposit for a 2006 prius and say you want it in january 2006. This will put you in a line for the car when they start shipping late nov 2005.
Toyota dealers don't order cars, toyota just distributes cars to all toyota dealerships and the dealerships trade among each other for the car they want. If you are flexible on the color and package they will locate it faster.
read this thread:
http://www.priusonline.com/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

here is a link to the latest 2006 package info:
http://priuschat.com/2006-Prius-Option- ... 11078.html

her is another link to more info on 2006 stuff:
http://www.priusonline.com/viewtopic.ph ... c&start=15

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The most reputable people I've spoken to (and I've spoken to plenty) say $300. We'll all know very shortly.

Of course you are right about the tax credit. It should be %100 through June. But getting my car before June isn't going to be as easy as you think. I'm 34 on one dealers list for 06 (better on another). The dealer only gets 3 or 4 cars a month. I expect people will drop off the list between now and the time my number's up, but I still want to do whatever I can to increase my chances. I've tried to stay in contact with my dealers and in fact I have moved up already. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts