Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This might seem like a silly question and may be the answer is somewhere within the pages of this fantastic site. Can anyone explain to a stupid Brit like me the different packages you guys have for the Prius cars? Here in the UK we have three levels of finish in the T3, T4 and the top of the range Spirit. Is it the same for you guys? Looking at the various sites numerous packages are mentioned, is it just the case of pick n mix after you buy a basic Prius?

Sorry if this seems a rather pathetic question, but I’m Intrigued to know how it works.

Howie (6-months to go before delivery of mine!) :?:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey there Howie, welcome to the site. Two things to tell you.

1) Besides this board there is another one that's great... http://www.priuschat.com I mention because as I see 1 post you have perhaps not heard of this one yet.

and to answer your question...

2) Michelle (mrv) posted this a while back and I dug it up for you...
The 2004 had 9 packages but they are apparently consolidating a few items. There used to be an option without a rear wiper even, and that will be a standard item (as it ought to be) in the 2005.

Again, welcome. And here's your info:

Just got this official 2005 package info from Dianne at Carson Toyota, CA.
She doesn't have pricing info yet, but is expecting about a 3% price
increase. Nor does she have production or delivery dates for the first
2005s.

The rear wiper is now standard. All colors remain the same (interior and
exterior).

Package 1 = GY = side and curtain airbags

Package 2 = AG = security system + homelink + smart entry

Package 3 = BI = side/curtain airbags, smary entry

Package 4 = AM = side curtain airbags, smart entry, HID lamps, fog lamps,
VSC

Package 5 = AI = side/curtain airbags, security and homelink, smart entry,
JBL audio upgrade

Package 6 = BC = side/curtain airbags, security + homelink, smart entry, HID
headlamps, fog lamps, VSC, JBL, NAV

(so, if you want the Navigation, you have to go with package 6 (BC).)

The Southern California region is only ordering these packages in the
following ratios:
15% package 1 (GY)
20% package 3 (BI)
65% package 6 (BC)
color ratios for the Southern California region hasn't been decided yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Brad.

Many thanks for the information, now it’s all falling into place! In very basic terms our T3 equates to your package-1 thro’ 3 and out T4 to your package-4. Leaving our T-Sprit akin to your package-6 (everything but the kitchen sink!), Mmm, it does seem strange having the rear wiper as an option on the ’04 model, but as you say, at least it’s standard now. Am I right in thinking the HomeLink is the garage remote control operated from the rear view mirror. I don’t think that’s available over here, but I wonder if the wiring loom is standard world-wide, so I could retro-fit it!

Howie

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey,
They do say the other mans grass is always greener. But the one good thing is the lack of 100MPH+ wind. Boy have you guys had it rough or what. We tend to get your bad weather about a week later as just heavy rain. I wonder if any of the Prius guys suffered with any of the electrics/electronics in their cars during the heavy horizontal rain - now that is a good test for the system!

·
Registered
26 Posts
bradca21 said:
Hey there Howie, welcome to the site. Two things to tell you.

Package 5 = AI = side/curtain airbags, security and homelink, smart entry,
JBL audio upgrade

Package 6 = BC = side/curtain airbags, security + homelink, smart entry, HID
headlamps, fog lamps, VSC, JBL, NAV

(so, if you want the Navigation, you have to go with package 6 (BC).)[/i]
doesn't ring true with me, that last statement. unless something has changed from the 2004 model, the JBL upgrade and Nav only go together, because there are two versions of steering wheel controls + MFD buttons and software. One version has four buttons total around the MFD and has controls on the steering wheel on just one side. This version, apart from other things, does not contain a "Maintenance" screen in the software. This version comes standard on every 2004 Prius.
The second version consists of 4 buttons on the left and 3 on the right of the MFD. It also contains steering wheel controls on both sides of the wheel. This version comes with the upgraded audio system + nav. Therefore, you could get both, using the old package numbers, in packages BC (9) and BG (8).
Correct me if I'm wrong...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts