Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered on 07/01, delivered on 07/02. Apparently a deal that fell through on 07/01. Basically a 24 hour wait. Had another one offered to me from the same dealer four days earlier. I don't know if this means that the supply is better or if I was just meant to have one this week. Either way I;\'m now a Prius owner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hard to say what the cause might be, but it might be due to some folks being turned off when erroneously told, like I was, that the full tax credit was no longer available.

When I bought mine, about 10 days ago, there were at least 6 available in the Indianapolis area.

·
Registered
393 Posts
My mother in law bought one the day she went in. No wait, no list, no nothing.

She did have to settle on a package #7, with no leather. She did want leather, but liked what she got.

·
Registered
591 Posts
All the dealers I've checked with here in Edmonton Alberta have them in stock. Looks like Toyota have caught up! A dealer just phoned me and offered the car to me $2500 -below- MSRP! I may pass. They are around $36,000 Canadian ("B" package - we only get three option packages in Canada, "A" package - basic car, "B" package - car with audio system, bluetooth, entry system etc., and the "C" package - car with everything including NAV and leather). It looks like I can buy the car in the US and import it for a total price of $28,000 Canadian including taxes and duty as well as $1000 extra to pay for airfare and hotel. Looks like Toyota Canada are overpriced! That's at least a $5000 saving. Same goes for BMW. There must be too much money here due to the oil boom!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I called the dealership where I bought my car yesterday, for a friend, because she is considering a Prius right now too.. Longo said the wait list is still 200+ people with an ETA of 2 months (they're currently getting about 110 Prii per month).. and 3-4 wait for someone looking for a package #8. I'm not sure if this is only here in S. Cali.. I haven't called other dealerships yet.. but could just be that Longo doesn't force "extras" for people on the wait list..

·
Registered
393 Posts
Phish Phood said:
I called the dealership where I bought my car yesterday, for a friend, because she is considering a Prius right now too.. Longo said the wait list is still 200+ people with an ETA of 2 months (they're currently getting about 110 Prii per month).. and 3-4 wait for someone looking for a package #8. I'm not sure if this is only here in S. Cali.. I haven't called other dealerships yet.. but could just be that Longo doesn't force "extras" for people on the wait list..
It seems like a line. When my mother in law bought hers on Sunday, while they had only two on the lot, they were calling people (I overheard them), and if no one answered the phone, they moved on down the list.

What good is a list, if someone like my mother in law can just walk in, and buy one? And, come to think about it, that is the way I bought mine; just walked in and bought it.

·
Registered
991 Posts
TJandGENESIS said:
Phish Phood said:
It seems like a line. When my mother in law bought hers on Sunday, while they had only two on the lot, they were calling people (I overheard them), and if no one answered the phone, they moved on down the list.

What good is a list, if someone like my mother in law can just walk in, and buy one? And, come to think about it, that is the way I bought mine; just walked in and bought it.
In most cases, I would have to say.. it is a line. But I know the guy I bought my car from.. and at some point I was on that waiting list.. took 3 months? And there ARE dealerships that have them on the lot.. I was just not about to pay $4000 from chrome wheels or pay for leather that I absolutely did not want.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TJandGENESIS said:
Although I'm happy to have my car that was kind of my thought. I understood that the car I bought was a "sold" car that got unsold, but why would someone that just ordered be the first one they called on a two month waiting list?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hmmmm... doesn't seem to be much of a wait around central VA, either. I was at Haley today getting the steering recall thing done, and they have 7 on the lot. 2 package 3's, 3 package 7's, and the others I'm not sure.. If I didn't have super sucky credit right now (long story, but I'm really not a bad person!), I'd have traded up. Dang.

--Bonnie

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.