Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure most everyone has worked their way through the "Build your Toyota" web site at one time or another. As you work your way through this process and make it to the last page where it says "Locate your Toyota" this is where I have some questions. Does anyone know the source or the database that is being accessed? Does anyone know the accuracy of the information provided. It seems over the last eight weeks there have been many Prius that match my request become available but, my dealer has never been able to put his hands on one of them. Is this web site false hope or is it worth watching?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
That's the real problem with the whole process. When you click next from the "Build Your Saturn" page, you are taken to the "Order Your Saturn" page, not a search screen :)

I know supply problems can make it tough to "build to order" But for someone willing to wait and get "exactly" what they want it should at least be an option

·
Registered
190 Posts
I emailed the manager in charge of that site for GST. Will post the response.

Garland_Prius said:
I am sure most everyone has worked their way through the "Build your Toyota" web site at one time or another. As you work your way through this process and make it to the last page where it says "Locate your Toyota" this is where I have some questions. Does anyone know the source or the database that is being accessed? Does anyone know the accuracy of the information provided. It seems over the last eight weeks there have been many Prius that match my request become available but, my dealer has never been able to put his hands on one of them. Is this web site false hope or is it worth watching?

·
Registered
98 Posts
That data base is coming directlly from toyota. This showes all vehicles coming inot the region. It will only show what is at the specific dealer if you are looking at that dealer website. The date of availability is when it will be at the ditribution center for that region. This system does not know if the vehicle is presold or not. Once the dealer"punches" the vehicle as sold it will be deleted from the list. Hope that helps some.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts