Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the South, it's "love bug" season. Before I start taking things apart, is there a preferred method for cleaning the clogged radiator?

There seems to be a log of "stuff" in the way just looking down in the gap with the hood up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You might try applying a couple of coats of Zaino Pro polish. In your area it can only be bought over the internet. Go into Google adn type in "Zaino products", and you'll see the homesite. This polish is not a wax, but a polymer; and almost nothing sticks to it. It's the easiest polish I've ever applied (about 1.5 hours for 2 coats) in sun or shade. A little goes a long way and lasts about 6 months. You won't believe the results. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Hey Emily, Logans talking about a bug clogged radiator, not the cars exterior. The best fix is for the judicial use of compressed air applied from the rear of the radiator but so as not to cause any costly damage I would suggest a radiator shop for the treatment (they'll attack from underneath) and then the old standby mesh screen over the air intake for the remainder of the love bug season.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the info, I just wasn't sure what I had to take off to access the radiator.

FYI, a good, heavy spray of PAM works wonders to keep the blasted things off the bumpers and a microfiber towel will scrub them off the windshield without too much effort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts