Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seams that our cars with HID lights get more bug splats than those that have halogen lights. Do the brighter lights result in more bugs wanting to end their life on your bumper? Anyone else notice this. Have fun, RIck

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the HID lights and a Toyota Front End Protector (bra). It seems to me that I get less bug splats with the Prius than I do with my Ford Ranger Pickup. During a recent long driving vacation I watched many bugs coming right at the windshield then being carried over the Prius by the air stream. I was attributing the very infrequent windshield bug splats to the angle of the windshield. I did notice that the external rear view mirrors get lots of bug splats. The Front End Protector and license plate gets lots of bugs.

Does anyone else think that their Prius windshield stays cleaner?

Roger

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
At the speed you approach the bug before impact, they could not fly closer to any significant degree, even if they were somehow more attracted to the color if the HID lamps.

Now if they were hurling themsleves at high speed against your lights at the stoplight, the bluer cast might be an attractant... ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts