Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Less than 1500 miles on the new Salsa Red. Dump truck pulls in front of the wife, drops a little rock, and presto--BROKEN WINDSHIELD!!! How much is this gonna cost, and what do I need to watch out for?

Tom

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
check with your auto insurance company. You might have glass coverage and not know it. (All auto insurance in MA has to have it by law, so often it's not specifically listed except in tiny fine print on your policy. Although, the auto insurers have been pushing the MA insurance board to let them start charging for glass separately, so that they can raise prices...)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had this happen to me about a month ago. I agree you need to call your insurance company. My agent mentioned nothing about glass-only coverage when I signed up for my policy, and it was only at the advice of the glass repair shop that I checked and found that I had a $120 deductible for the windshield and they'd cover the rest. The total cost for replacement was about $350. And give the license plate of the truck that dumped the stone on you if you can.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Glass is covered on all policies under the comprehensive coverage. Many typically have a $100 deductible for this, but I have found it more cost effective to carry a zero deductibe on comprehensive as we typically loose one windshield a year on our three cars to exactly this type of thing.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
How bad is it???... I was able to get mine repaired by Safe Lite.. Only cost me $59, so I didn't even bother telling my insurance co...

I can still see the crack if I look for it... but my eyes agree with my subconcious taht it's a memory best left repressed.

Oh and contrary to any sign posted on the back of the truck, they *can* be held responsible for damage, if you know who to complain to.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts