Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i went to the dealer after six months of waiting...I was told that i could not pick up my Prius because the screen would not turn on. They told me not to worry they will get the part and fix it soon. I am very dissapointed this does not look like a good sign.

My MAJOR question is should i accpect this car when the screeen is fixed or ask for a Brand NEW Prius...
Has this happened to anyone else??
Thanks for the help

·
Registered
623 Posts
My inclination would be to ask for the NEXT Prius that comes in. You have a right to a car that has not had to be repaired even before you got it. The defective one should be sold at a deep discount, but that ain't gonna happen, given the demand.

They may refuse to let you pass on this one and still stay at the top of the list, or it may be a while before the options package and color you want comes in, so it partly depends on how badly you want the car. But personally, I think I'd refuse it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the display in mine had not worked when it came in I would have not had any problem if they replaced it. Rather in happen them than perhaps later. Now, I was also a GM dealer and have to say that if this same thing happened with a GM vehicle I would not take.

·
Registered
46 Posts
As sophisticated and complicated as these cars are, it is surprising that more people have not reported more sub-systems breaking down. There is going to be a small percentage of electronic components failing within hours or days of being placed in service. This phenominon is know as "infant mortality". It happens to anything with electronics in it. It is going to happen with radios, TVs, cell phones etc. It's not surprising it could happen with a unit as complicated as the MFD in a Prius. If they are going to replace it with a new unit and everything seems to be working and the technician didn't do any damage to the surrounding dash panals, then there is nothing wrong with accepting this car. Like the previous poster noted, who knows when the next one with your color and option package will show up. Besides, everything is under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts