Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered a superwhite #7 in nov 03. yesterday toyota sent a card with a keychain on it,(how cruel) has anyone else gotten one of these?have you taken delivery yet afterwards, how long did it take? how much longer must i endure this

·
Registered
35 Posts
Didn't get a keychain - kind of a little disappointed. Do have the car though. But yeah, a lot of people have been getting those. There are two long posts about the keychain at priuschat.com. It just confirms that Toyota knows you have one on order.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I got a keychain yesterday too! What does it mean? Is Toyota about to call saying my car is on the boat? Is it like being on hold? If I hang up do I lose my place in line?
I think I'll call to see what's up. :wink:

·
Registered
35 Posts
pauline said:
I got a keychain yesterday too! What does it mean? Is Toyota about to call saying my car is on the boat? Is it like being on hold? If I hang up do I lose my place in line?
I think I'll call to see what's up. :wink:
Like I said, just means Toyota knows you ordered one. Doesn't mean it's coming, doesn't mean it's not coming. Just means they know about your order.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Its funny I got the keychain yesterday and got "the call" today. Meaning my car is ready. Not saying there is a correlation but was pretty interesting. Anway, will post on my delivery and initial driving experience

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I got "the call" and got the keychain the next day. My little heart was going pitty-pat, hoping it might be a rebate check for being so patient :_>

·
Registered
82 Posts
Soybomb, Did you hear anything?
My dealer hasn't heard but I'll be stopping by this weekend to say, "But other people who got a keychain got their car...."
In the meantime, my $500 keychain is an even bigger reminder that my car is not here! :(
.... patience.... endurance....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Drove my Prius home today. Very happy with it.

Some minor annoyances with the dealer but that is basically to be expected. Never pick up a car on a Saturday!

Anyway, the car is great, very glad I waited.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey pauline,

i have not spoken with my dealer about it yet. kinda skeered to call. i average about a call a month and don't want to rub anyone the wrong way, don't want to lose my spot ( i'm supposed to be next) i'll give them a couple of weeks.

yours living in limbo, soybomb

·
Registered
9 Posts
Keychain and car arrived simultaneously

I got the keychain in the mail today, and the dealer told me that the car should arrive at the dealership tomorrow. It is supposed to be on the truck today, headed my way from Los Angeles where it arrived in port sometime around 17 March.

I placed my order on 16 Dec 2003, so if the car really is there tomorrow it will have been 105 days wait - but only 104 days for the keychain!

- Ttam

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got my keychain. Maybe I'll be able to get the glue residue off by the time the 05's arrive. Will this keychain work for keys that start other cars until then?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes, got a keychain. Got on waiting list in early Feb., dealer is still delivering cars ordered last October. I bet I don't get one until Sept. and then I will want it to be a 2005.

jim

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well, my dealer is used to me; nothing like face time. When I told them the other keychain recipients got to drive their cars home (at least in Pebble Beach) they laughed and said they'd call me April 2nd to tell me their allotment. I'm at the top of the list too. With any luck Toyota put some extra package 6's on the ship and Friday will be a very good day indeed. :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts