Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've read here the book says to avoid hard stops for the first 200 miles. Is this a break-in period for the brakes or the engine?

I'm thinking with my 150 mile commute, I'll only hit the brakes twice in the first 200 miles.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Correct--avoid "hard" stops (if possible) for the first 200 miles and keep the speed below 62 mph for the first 600 miles. Will it really make a difference? Roll the dice or play it safe--it's your car. Good luck and enjoy your Prius.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, but the part I'm not clear about is this particular advice for the engine or the brakes.

If it's the engine, my 2nd trip to work will have me set, but if it's for the brakes, I need to be thinking in greater distances unless i'm uh...lucky enough... to get stuck in stop and go traffic my first day out.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
richard schumacher said:
The manual (page 202? it's not hard to find) sez: no hard braking in the first 200 miles, and don't go too fast in the first 600 miles. Seems to me like "brakes" and "drive train", respectively.
It's impossible to find if you don't have a manual yet :D Guess I have to hope for a traffic jam :(

14 days left

1 - 5 of 5 Posts