Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this is an old question....my husband and I need help!

We were trying to install our bra yesterday... it seem like there were some modifications made to the design around the headlights. The tabs fit under the headlights but not under the side of the headlights.

The box says the mask was manufactured in October of 2004.

What are we doing wrong??? It seems like it will fit everywhere else??

Also---on a completely different accessory--anyone install the rear bumper decal?? Do you really need to use the 3M solvent to clean the bumper?

Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: "Bra/Front-end Mask" for new 2005 Tideland Pri

smogopa said:
Forgive me if this is an old question....my husband and I need help!

We were trying to install our bra yesterday... it seem like there were some modifications made to the design around the headlights. The tabs fit under the headlights but not under the side of the headlights.

The box says the mask was manufactured in October of 2004.

What are we doing wrong??? It seems like it will fit everywhere else??

Also---on a completely different accessory--anyone install the rear bumper decal?? Do you really need to use the 3M solvent to clean the bumper?

Thanks!!!!!

I installed the bra just this past Thursday prior to taking a weekend trip. I did have difficulty in sliding the tabs underneath the side of the headlights but was able to eventually do it. Try inserting the tab in an angle using the tab to pry the space between the headlight and the fender body. I could not find the date of manufacture on my box, but the installation flyer was dated Nov 2003. Is yours a Toyota bra?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I also have a 2005 Tideland.... could you please post a picture of the car with the bra on because I am undecided on whether or not I want one because I don't know how it will look on the car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I installed the front end protector last fall. First, let me say that the first installation is the hardest. It will get easier, do not be discouraged.

The side tabs are the most difficult part of the installation until you get the hang of it. The tabs that go beneth the headlights just slip straight in. To install the side tabs you should slip the top part of the tab into the bottom of the fender/headlight gap and then pull the tab up the gap.

I hope this help.

Roger

·
Registered
35 Posts
I installed the front end protector last fall. First, let me say that the first installation is the hardest. It will get easier, do not be discouraged.

The side tabs are the most difficult part of the installation until you get the hang of it. The tabs that go beneth the headlights just slip straight in. To install the side tabs you should slip the top part of the tab into the bottom of the fender/headlight gap and then pull the tab up the gap.

I hope this helps.

Roger

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK...do I feel dumb, or what! Here it is 9/7 and I finally got my bra on!
oh boy!!!!! It only took us 775 miles and a tank and a half of gas to do it!!! I hate bras!!! Mine and hers--now, too! But I have to admit--I do think hers is sexy. And now I know I can put it on myself.

(Everytime I take her anywhere near the dealership where we bought her they try to take her away from me!!!!)

Thanks for all of the great suggestions!!!! Now I just have to get some pictures!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts