Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my "almost new" (4,400 miles) '04 Prius on eBay and LOVE this remarkable machine!!

I have been searching without success for color-matched body side mouldings for protection from nasty door dings. Anyone here know of a source. I posted email inquiries to two potential suppliers found from hints on other Prius Groups, neither troubled to respond after repeated requests. They were: [email protected] and [email protected].

Anyone here had success finding body side mouldings?

THANKS
Charles Suitt - Dallas TX

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS zinzindorf for your suggestion. Sounds like a good idea. I had heard that the Toyota Highlander mouldings were a good fit and could be painted to match.

-Charles-

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also hear Toyota has Prius moldings available as accessories elsewhere in the world, but not in the US... may be able to import them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
... I've been very happy with the "Walmart Protector Strips" we put on with the help of Maaco --! Ours is white, so we have a white strip with silver edging and it looks mighty fine, even if I do say so myself (LOL!) and has proven to work extremely well! Cost was $75 for the materials -- and an afternoon of careful labor and we were good to go --- much less expensive than the dealer set for the Highlander and at least as satisfactory. Maaco can help with some colors too... certainly worth checking out. YMMV. :D SO GLAD YOU"RE HAPPY WITH THE CAR! That's the most important part...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THANKS - jsp & terkar !! Going to Walmart to check out their products... perhaps that's my answer.

terkar... your link doesn't work, you left out the ".com" - however, sutotrim didn't have mouldings so far as I could see.

-Charles Suitt- Dallas TX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts