Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any good body shops in the West LA/Santa Monica area?

I was at the Sunset Junction festival over the weekend and because of the heat, I chose to park under a tree. Well, it turns out a branch from the tree decided to fall on my car, leaving an unsightly dent and some paint scratches just above the rear passenger-side window (between the door and the roof). It's only cosmetic damage, but not exactly what I want with my 8-month old baby.

Any suggestions on who might do good body work on the dent? Also, any sense of how much I might pay? I'll try to post a photo tomorrow, but any leads of good repair shops would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
sphillab said:
No leads from anybody? Surely, someone in LA has had body work done, right? Please help! :(
I submitted a post recommending ICC (Insurance Collision Center) in Marina del Rey, but I guess it got lost. So here it is again.

They do a good job but they aren't cheap. I use them for both insurance and non-insurance work. They fixed up my used Prius.

Jan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the lead!! I'll give them a ring and see what kind of estimate they give me.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've sent some photos to Body and Paint to get a preliminary estimate on repairing the dent in my Prius. I'll let everyone know what they quote me once I hear back from them.

In the meantime, here's a photo of the damage the tree limb did by falling from just a few feet away.

Thanks again to everyone who has suggested body shops! I really appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
I know one in Montrose, but I don't think that'll help you out much. Get several estimates, mine varied by a factor of two!!! The big shops that do a lot of insurance work are less llikely to work with you if you are paying out of pocket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts