Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm thinking about purchaseing the Pruis but I really want to be able to use the bluetooth system. I have Verizon service and I have read that the phone offered sucks!! I was wondering if anyone has tried the wireless adapter for motorola phones. Any input would be appreciated Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
BlueTooth Wireless Adapter

Motorola's adapter (bought it at Radio Shack, $40) works with my T730 phone (however, it only allows one to key in or voice call a number in the Phone's Phonebook, after which you can then talk through th car's 'phone system), thru /to the Bluetooth connection to the car, but it doesn't allow you to transfer your phone's PhoneBook to the Prius' Phonebook (and, in reading the Prius' manual, the only way to enter PhoneBook info to the Prius is via the transfer of same thru the BlueTooth wireless connection).

I called Motorola, and they said the only way to transfer the Phonebook info was between phones (like when you buy a new phone) using their software and connector cable, which allows one to transfer phoneBook info to one's computer, from where you transfer this info to the new phone--there's no way to do this thru the phone's BlueTooth adapter , however. They said their new V710 model (which costs ~$300) will have an upgrade available, before the holidays, to allow it to transfer its PhoneBook (or contacts as they call it) to the car thru the BlueTooth connection.

I've seen on this forum where an ehurley made a general statement about using the Motorola T720/T730 phones, but I've queried him as to if he was able to transfer the PhoneBook info to the car, but he never replied.

Biged

PS: The Motorola people told me there were some new phones coming out soon that Verizon might utilize, but they didn't know what Verizon's plans were.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Re: BlueTooth Wireless Adapter

biged said:
Motorola's adapter (bought it at Radio Shack, $40) works with my T730 phone (however, it only allows one to key in or voice call a number in the Phone's Phonebook, after which you can then talk through th car's 'phone system), thru /to the Bluetooth connection to the car, but it doesn't allow you to transfer your phone's PhoneBook to the Prius' Phonebook (and, in reading the Prius' manual, the only way to enter PhoneBook info to the Prius is via the transfer of same thru the BlueTooth wireless connection).

I called Motorola, and they said the only way to transfer the Phonebook info was between phones (like when you buy a new phone) using their software and connector cable, which allows one to transfer phoneBook info to one's computer, from where you transfer this info to the new phone--there's no way to do this thru the phone's BlueTooth adapter , however. They said their new V710 model (which costs ~$300) will have an upgrade available, before the holidays, to allow it to transfer its PhoneBook (or contacts as they call it) to the car thru the BlueTooth connection.

I've seen on this forum where an ehurley made a general statement about using the Motorola T720/T730 phones, but I've queried him as to if he was able to transfer the PhoneBook info to the car, but he never replied.

Biged

PS: The Motorola people told me there were some new phones coming out soon that Verizon might utilize, but they didn't know what Verizon's plans were.
Yeah, I was curious about how WELL the Bluetooth adaptor worked. Since it apparently ONLY does audio, it's not worth it to me, so I never got it.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have the Moto V710 through Verizon and I don't hate it. (How's that for a glowing endorsement?)

I'd be happier if a) you could transfer phone book data and b) the phone's ringer worked when BT was enabled, but those aren't necessarily deal-breakers for me.

The dial & receive functions work great, and if the s/w update delivers as promised, then I'll be officially truly happy with the phone.

Even without the ability to dump the phone book into the car's memory, it works OK. I just dial the call with the handset, close the flip, and the call goes through the car.

The lack of ringtone isn't a big deal, because I always have the radio on, so when it mutes (and the MFD changes), I know I have an incoming call, and I answer it with the button on the steering wheel.

Bottom line, making and receiving calls basically works fine. Everything else is bells and whistles, and once those are ironed out, it'll all be great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts