Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new and proud owner of a black Prius Package #9. So far everything is working perfectly but I do have an issue with Bluetooth. I have a Sony Ericsson T618 and went to the process of connecting it to the car. However, I am getting intermittent sound from the speaker when someone speaks and the microphone works intermittently as well (seems like the speaker cuts in and out and my callers say my voice cuts in and out as well).

I am curious to know if anyone else is having this issue or did I do something wrong in the set-up. Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have not experienced cutting in and out when ONE person was talking, but it is definitely true that BOTH cannot talk at the same time. Perhaps this is causing the problem?

I have a T616 as well and overall I think it works pretty well. I sometimes have trouble with an "Out of Range" message on the console if I have my T616 turned off and start the car and receive a "failure" message. Then it seems I have problems when I turn the phone on again.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Have you tried turning down the speaker volume via the MFD when you're talking? I usually have mine at 4 dashes and that's loud enough to hear well without the sound from the speaker feeding back to the microphone. The feedback would, most likely, be the reason you're experienceing the 'cut-out'.
--evan

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I set the volume at 3,4 or 5 and it still keeps on cutting in and out. This applied both to the speaker as well as the microphone (the person on the other end tells me so). Maybe it's something defective and I need to have the dealer look at it.

Does anyone have the detailed instructions for the T616 phone to connect via Bluetooth?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Simplex (not duplex) is what you get in Prius

In the NAV owners manual, it says that only one can speak at once.

This means that the handsfree is simplex. Some speakerphones are simplex, some duplex (both can speak at once).

So--for good or for bad, to prevent feedback--the 2004 Prius handsfree phone is simplex. Watch out, if you talk nonstop, you may miss something the other person says, while they think you heard!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts