Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, is there a seperate Bluetooth owners manual I should have received with the car? It seems odd that operation of the bluetooth is not covered in the regular manual or the nav manual.

Second, I have an Audiovox 6700 with Verizon wireless which is not litsed at all on the Toyota Let's Talk site. The same model phone is listed with other carriers stating that you cannot transfer directory entries to the phone. Well, I am able to push them individually to the car but some work and some don't. It is very consistent that the same ones work and the same ones don't so it's not a weak bluetooth signal. Are there some characters or fields that are present in the phone will cause the car to not be able to accept the transfer?

Third, is there any way to use a bluetooth adapter on my laptop, make a connection to the car and sent a CSV file with my complete phone book?

Boy... my 01 was so much easier without all these features!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
2004 had the bluetooth info in the NAV manual, since BT only came with NAV package. 2006/2007 changed that, where it is possible to get BT without NAV, so I couldn't say if the BT function is in the main manual or the NAV. I would venture to say its in the main manual, but if not, it should be in the NAV manual.

It's probably not listed with Verizon because Verizon was known to disable the BT tranfer features for most of their branded phones, even though the phone itself originating from the manufacturer could perform this feature.

At least for 2004/2005, yes some characters are illegal in the Toyota phonebook, which would cause scrambled entries. dashes and parenthesis in the phone number are most troublesome.

Some have been able to connect a laptop to the Prius, but you need the phone as well. I believe instructions can be found on PriusChat. It worked for 2004/2005, not so sure for 2006/2007 though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also have Verizon and ended up getting a non-Verizon BT phone off of eBay and used it to send the phonebook (after loading the phonebook into the phone, of course).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.