Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering the purchase of an unlocked phone with Bluetooth, but before I do, I want to be certain that the phone I choose will work with the Prius.

Do all bluetooth phones work with the Prius? How can one be certain? Is there a listing of phones that have been tested?

I am considering the Panasonic X70 or Sony Ericsson Z600, but would consider others.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brian,

Are you certain that those are the only phones that work with the Prius, or are they the phones that Toyota has listed on their website? Those phones may be the only phones that Toyota has contracted with.

There are other bluetooth phones that are linked with a particular, unlink the phones listed on the letstalk.com website.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I don't think that list is complete, but I've never heard of anyone else using the two phones you mentioned with the Prius. That doesn't mean they don't work.

There are 2 BT profiles necessary (hands free and something else I can never remember)...if those phones support both of those profiles then they should work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sony Ericsson T637

I've had my 2005 Package 6 Tideland Pearl for 2 days with a Sony Ericsson T637. It was really easy to set up and works quite well, except some people say the audio is broken up -- that it's hard to hear me sometimes.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Re: Sony Ericsson T637

Yarok said:
I've had my 2005 Package 6 Tideland Pearl for 2 days with a Sony Ericsson T637. It was really easy to set up and works quite well, except some people say the audio is broken up -- that it's hard to hear me sometimes.
Often that's due to feedback...try turning the speaker volume down while you're talking to about 2-3 bars..it's usually loud enough to hear and reduces feedback.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sprint PCS and Bluetooth

I've subscribed to Sprint PCS for years and have been very satisfied with the cellular reception I have received.
I contacted Sprint PCS to see what was available for phones that had Bluetooth technology. I was really disappointed to see there was only one phone, that being the Sony Ericsson, which I don't find attractive or to be a top of the line cellular phone.
Sprint did assure me they are getting cellular phones from Nokia, Samsung, and Motorola all with Bluetooth technology. The rep. though had no timeline for such additional phones.

·
Registered
3 Posts
BT working with Pirus

Hi,
I own a Sony Ericsson K700i. It works very well with Prius 2004. Whole telephonebook uploading to Prius, buth no phone ringing trough the car, only through SE K700i. No problem, because audio silences and telephone screen pops up.
Jan

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
instructions for some various phones can be found at:
http://www.toyota.com/html/bluetooth/im ... ctions.pdf
http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/bt_userguides.htm

As stated in the 2004 Prius Navigation Owner's Manual, page 109:
<quote>
INFORMATION
This system supports the following service:
* HFP (Hands Free Profile) Ver. 1.0
* OPP (Object Push Profile) Ver. 1.1
If your cellular phone does not support
HFP, you cannot enter the Bluetooth
phone, and take OPP service individually.
</quote>

not all phones/devices that say that they're bluetooth compatible are actually compatible with the Prius... (for example, some phones can only upload one contact at a time, while some others allow you to upload the entire phone book at once.)

so, known to work on US Prius (based on Toyota publications):
Motorola V600
Siemens S56
Nokia 3600, 6310i, 3620, 3650
Sony Ericsson T68i, T608, T610, T616

known to work on European Prius (thanks http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/200 ... sage/44959 )
Sony Ericsson: T68i, T610, Z600, T630, Z1010, K700i, P910i
Nokia: 6310i, 8910i, 3600, 6600, N-Gage, 6230.
Siemens: S 55
Panasonic: X70 Note! for this phone to work it must have software that is
later than A31. To check the software enter *#9999# after the PIN
code.The software code will look something like this *********A31-**

Phones tested and that didn't work on European Prius:
Sony Ericsson: P800, P900 These support Headset Profile (HSP)

Phones listed in the Database (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/200 ... ows&tbl=10 ) that work:
Ericsson: Z600
Motorola: V600, V710 (not full featured, but can make/receive calls on Prius)
Nokia: 3650
Siemens: S55, S56
Sony Ericsson: T68i, T608, T610, T616

Phones listed in the Database (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/200 ... ows&tbl=10 ) that do not work:
Ericsson: T-39, P800, P900
HP Ipaq H6315
Motorola: 270c

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have Sprint service. The only phone that the LetsTalk site lists is the SonyEricsson T608, which the local Sprint Store doesn't even have. Anyone using a bluetooth phone on Sprint who can provide some insight?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mrv said:
not all phones/devices that say that they're bluetooth compatible are actually compatible with the Prius... (for example, some phones can only upload one contact at a time, while some others allow you to upload the entire phone book at once.)
So how do you find out if your phone can only upload one contact at a time?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW - The Motorola V600 has the following profiles, by request of Cingular:

GAP (Generic Access Profile)
SPP (Serial Port Profile)
HP (Headset Profile)
HFP (Hands-Free Profile)
DUN (Dial-up Networking)
GOEX (Generic Object Exchange Profile)
OPP (Object Push Profile)
FTP (File Transfer Profile)

The V710, only has HP, DUN, and HFP by request of AT&T Wireless. The reason why it's not fully functional with the Prius is because it's lacking the OPP profile.

Since the RAZR V3 is being carried by Cingular, it's my understanding that it will have GAP, SPP, HP, HFP, DUN, GOEX, OPP, and FTP.

-Scott

·
Registered
3 Posts
Verified: Motorola RAZR compatible with 2005

We got the Prius 3 weeks ago (after an 8.5 month wait), and it forced me to get a new cell phone. I verified last night that the RAZR works with the 2005 Prius. I was able to place and receive calls and upload/send one-item addresses to the Prius. Sure would be nice to send the whole phone book, but that seems to be a phone-specific UI thing (?).

Sound quality was great, no noticeable latency, and the combination is one of the coolest technology integrations I've ever owned.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Blackberry 7100t works in handsfree mode in my 05 fine. Doesn't support addressbook pushing, which for me isn't a problem, for the few times I actually make/take calls in the car. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts