Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I synched my T-610 with my Prius and it only stores one phone entry per person - whereas I actually have multiple numbers for each person. Seems like you have to have a new entry for each phone rather than for each person - don't like this. I hope there's an upgrade to the firmware that addresses this because it sorta makes synching the phone books pointless.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Joel,
Sorry you didn't study/check the boards too much before you synced. I've posted elsewhere multiple times my recommendations for uploading/programming.

You are right, if you have multiple numbers listed under someone's name it will only upload one number for that name (I've been told it uploads the first number you programmed in, not the first one on the list). Also, the Prius only displays 9 characters.

I had to manually put in all the numbers into my T-610 from scratch and had, fortunately, asked for suggestions before I even had the phone. That saved me the headaches, for the most part. I still have 4 listings of the same person's name and am not sure which number is which b/c the part that says "Bartley Toy Cell" or "Bartley Toy Home" only shows "Bartley T" for each listing. Most of the others I did a better job shortening enough to tell which is which. This can mean some creative name entry to be able to read them. It would, I agree, be nice to have a more sophisticated system, but it is what it is, and I can only assume it's a limitation of the Bluetooth along with the fact that there are so many possible phones that will be used--with each of those having names and numbers programmed uniquely.
--evan

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't think it's a bluetooth limitation. I can upload and download to/from MS Outlook using bluetooth without these limitations. As you said, it is what it is.

What bums me out is that I could not pair with my Sony Ericsson P-800 which is a version 1.1 bluetooth standard phone. I had to use a 610 to make it pair-up. I called the Toyota Help Line on this but they were no help -- go figure. -- Tom

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joel,
Sorry you didn't study/check the boards too much before you synced. I've posted elsewhere multiple times my recommendations for uploading/programming.
Well I did take your advice about buying the T610 from http://www.intelenetwireless.com - good deal too! Still trying to figure out how I'm going to get the UPC out from under that inventory sticker they put on the box - for the rebate.

About the on board address book - seems like it would be a minor software upgrade to add support for longer entry names (maybe they could just scroll them) and multiple numbers per contact entry. Plus, wouldn't mind checking email and text messages from the car's screen as well.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Joel said:
About the on board address book - seems like it would be a minor software upgrade to add support for longer entry names (maybe they could just scroll them) and multiple numbers per contact entry. Plus, wouldn't mind checking email and text messages from the car's screen as well.
You're most likely right. Although this might fall more into the 'give 'em an inch' category. We are very lucky to have this advanced a feature in the Prius at all, yea, I'd like it to be perfect, but every little tweak and perfection makes the R&D and programming and install costs go up incrementally. I still suspect it's a need for universality, but you're probably right that it would be possible and probably not very expensive to add specific software packages for specific phones/brands/models to be perfectly compatible.
--evan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts