Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the new Motorola DC600 Bluetooth adapter for my Motorola T720c phone. It's supposed to make the phone work with Bluetooth systems. I've gotten the Prius to establish the connection with the phone, so the car reports "Bluetooth connection successful." However, when I try to make a call, I immediately get one of two messages from the car: "Network Connection Dropped" or "Check Mobile Phone". I don't see any signs of activity from the phone, although the LEDs on the DC600 flash occassionally. Motorola seems completely uninterested in helping resolve the issue. Has anyone else had any experience with the DC600?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Two things to check, (and mind you, I'm not familiar with the configuration of the DC600).

First, make sure the DC600 Bluetooth link is set to "Always On", and that it is set to connect without authentication to the car. It probably is, as most hands-free devices default to auto-authenticate.

Secondly, make sure the adapter is firmly plugged in. Perhaps, even plug in the car charger to the bottom of it to make sure it gets power.

By "Network Connection Dropped", do you mean the Cell Network? (check phone status) or the Bluetooth connection? It seems to me, that message is saying the phone is losing signal to/from the cell towers. Have you tried it in an area of full signal strength?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's got power, and the signal strength is full. One correction--the message I get from the car is sometimes "Call dropped by network," but more often "Check mobile phone." I have occasionally been able to hear the sound from the telephone through the car speakers, and once the person I was calling was able to hear me, but never both together. I have never gotten dialing from the touchscreen to work. In the past, the car has worked fine with friends' Ericsson phones, but I'm still holding out hope of getting bluetooth to work with my Verizon phone. Maybe it's time to give up on that hope. I tried Motorola again, and they keep blaming Toyota.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts