Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a number of accounts here in the group describing video monitor failure and its symptoms; all clearly described. Wouldn't you know. After reading these accounts and learning all about the problem, mine failed. My Prius is an '04 Salsa Pearl Package 9. Of course, armed with the knowledge gained here it was a simple matter to visit the dealer and arrange for the monitor/circuit board replacement which was promptly done, but I'm not sure it was satisfactorily done. I tested it and found all systems, guidance, fuel, consumption, etc., worked fine, but I lost all my telephone numbers and my Bluetooth connection. Ok, I thought. I'll just reinstall that feature and everything will be fine. I've done this before and I know how to do it again. Not so. The Bluetooth setup will not reinstall. I've tried repeatedly. I even printed John 1701s clear instructions at http://1701a.com/prius/prius-bluetooth.htm without success. My question is, since so many others appear to have had monitor failure and repair, has Bluetooth or any other problems happened to them as well? I have a hunch the dealer's work was not as successful as I first thought. I suspect this because everything else works so well and the Bluetooth feature should have as well. Some of you who have had this repair might be able to give me some input. I'd appreciate whatever anyone can tell me.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Stating the blindingly obvious no doubt but have you repaired the phone to the car, after deleteing the car from the phone?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks DanMan and Victor for your replies. It was kind of you to take some interest in my problem. Of course Dan... everything worked including the Nav. Even the nice lady who guides me in my travels talked to me as always. Everything except the phone worked as I woefully stated. Victor, the problem was the phone wouldn't pair with the vehicle's equipment. The trouble is the instructions, especially the ones by Toyota, they're not worth the paper they're printed on. John 1701s instructions were almost perfect, but the 610 instructions don't match all the procedures required by the 616 as he states. That's all right, He helped me a lot. I finally got the phone and the vehicle paired so I can make and receive calls. I did this by punching keys, any keys, in a wild frenzy until something worked. That's called miracle working. However I still haven't been able to transfer the phonebook from my phone to the Toyota. It keeps telling me the phone book can't be found. I'll get it eventually I guess. I'll simply go into a wild frenzy again.

I had hoped to hear from some of thse whose monitors had to be replaced. I wondered if everything returned to normal after their repairs. I guess they did. Good luck. Enjoy. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts