Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I power up, I get the message "Bluetooth Connection Failed". The system doesn't automatically recognise the Motorola V600. I have to go through the setup on the phone each time to get the connection back. Does anyone have any ideas? Bad phone? (I heard that there is a recall on them.) Bad bluetooth on the car? I've only had the car for 3 days now, so maybe I am doing something wrong.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Gary Karschnick said:
Every time I power up, I get the message "Bluetooth Connection Failed". The system doesn't automatically recognise the Motorola V600. I have to go through the setup on the phone each time to get the connection back. Does anyone have any ideas? Bad phone? (I heard that there is a recall on them.) Bad bluetooth on the car? I've only had the car for 3 days now, so maybe I am doing something wrong.
Check that you have the Bluetooth feature turned on continuously on your phone...that would be my guess as to why you're having problems.

The 'recall' on the v600 with Cingular has to do with reception at a single frequency that caused dropped calls, not any other functionality of the phone itself.

What instructions did you use to set up the phone? Try this one:
http://toyota.letstalk.com/bluetooth/toyota/v600_bt.pdf
if you haven't already.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Evan, you are right on! I never thought to check the bluetooth settings to see if the power was "ON". After I changed the default to "ON" in the bluetooth settings, it seems to work as advertised. Cingular is however going to replace my V600 because of the problem that you mentioned. I have lurked on this board for almost a year while waiting for my car and have marveled at how you have been able to answer all questions and give good advice. Thank you for helping me and everyone else. You must be one hell of a diognostitian!

Also, about voice recognition,.Today I had my wife and her friend in the back seat. When I tried to use a voice command while they were chatting, it invariably came up wrong. When I asked them to be quiet while I made the command, it worked perfectly. My conclusion is that the system is quite sensitive and will pick up any background noise. I hope this helps those who are having problems with the voice commands

1 - 3 of 3 Posts