Toyota Prius Forum banner

Bluetooth compatible mobile phones...

4K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  mrv 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried to connect a bluetooth compatible phone which is not listed in the Toyota handbook? I'm getting my T-Spirit next month and am looking to upgrade my phone at the same time. :D

#2 ·
bluetooth phones

Am upgrading also. The difficult part is to be sure to advise any potential phone supplier that the phone must be bluetooth compatible. Havent crossed this bridge yet, but when I get my car next week, we'll tackle it then. Any recommendations regarding phones and PDAs?

#3 ·
I don't know what phone are listed in the manual... I never looked.

I have a SonyEricson T608, with Sprint. It works fine. Any phone that provides Bluetooth connectivity, it should work -- everything phone speaks over the network in the same way (or rather, they should).

#5 ·
Hoagie said:
....... Any phone that provides Bluetooth connectivity, it should work -- everything phone speaks over the network in the same way (or rather, they should).
Unfortunatly not so. The phone must support HFP (Hands free profile) which most dont, so a SE P900/800 wont work for example.

:cry:

#6 ·
Hoagie said:
I don't know what phone are listed in the manual... I never looked.

I have a SonyEricson T608, with Sprint. It works fine. Any phone that provides Bluetooth connectivity, it should work -- everything phone speaks over the network in the same way (or rather, they should).
Not all Bluetooth labeled devices will work with the Prius.

As stated in the 2004 Prius Navigation Owner's Manual, page 109:
<quote>
INFORMATION
This system supports the following service:
* HFP (Hands Free Profile) Ver. 1.0
* OPP (Object Push Profile) Ver. 1.1
If your cellular phone does not support
HFP, you cannot enter the Bluetooth
phone, and take OPP service individually.
</quote>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.