Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I saw this somewhere on this site but cant find it now. Toyota has a site saying which bluetooth phones work with prius bluetooth. If I remember correctly from what I read on here before those are not the only phones that work. And on that site (http://toyota.letstalk.com/product/browse.htm/pgId=100) I do not see Verizion on there. That shouldnt matter though, correct?

I was going to deal with not using the bluetooth since my phone now doesnt have it, but recently a button on my phone is getting tricky to use. Sometimes it doesnt work. So time for a new phone. I dont care about any special phone, just want to keep my verizion plan and get the cheapest bluetooth I can find.

So basically in a nut shell... Does verizion work with prius and any recomendations for a cheap bluetooth phone (LG 8100 maybe?)

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So verizion does work, just cant transfer info? Im not really concerned much about transferring a phonebook over. Besides its another excuse to sit in the prius and play with buttons!! :wink:

Would the LG 8100 with verizion service be ok then?

I also saw someone post this:
"Even if you can download the phonebook, it is only of limited use. You can only dial from your "1-touch" dialing numbers while driving. You are not allowed to go to the phone book and dial those numbes while the car is moving. For that, you need to stop."

What is 1-touch? Is that speed dial? So when the car is in motion I can only call using speed dial?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.