Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving into Minneapolis Friday for the evening (division champion!) Minnesota Twins game. There was still substantial rush hour traffic, and both lanes were slow and go. I saw a black Prius with a bike rack ahead in the other lane, and as we slowly passed by I tried to get her attention, but she didn't see me. As we see-sawed she came by waving. When I came up on her again she had her window down, and we drove on down the freeway at sub-10 MPH admiring each others cars and each other's wisdom in owning such a fine vehicle. Every now and then we would look up to see traffic ahead was moving fater than us and we would pick it up to close the gap. I wonder what the cars behind were thinking. Nobody beeped. 8)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
They obviously thought you were racing and incapable of faster speeds :)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hep said:
I was driving into Minneapolis Friday for the evening (division champion!) Minnesota Twins game. There was still substantial rush hour traffic, and both lanes were slow and go. Every now and then we would look up to see traffic ahead was moving fater than us and we would pick it up to close the gap. I wonder what the cars behind were thinking. Nobody beeped. 8)
As a non-native Minnesotan (10 years), my opinion is that they thought you were kindly waiting to let them into your lane ahead of you.

Everywhere I've lived, the natives think that their local drivers are the worst. In my experience, the drivers in MN (although it has gotten a little worse in recent years) are far and away the nicest. Too darn nice, in fact. My wife and I used to bust up at 4 way stop signs, with everyone waving at each other to go first...now we get a little irritated when someone who arrived at the stop sign 2 seconds before us nevertheless waits until we roll to a stop, then usually wave us through...JUST GO!

Anyway, Go Twinkies!

Rob

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
melgish said:
They obviously thought you were racing and incapable of faster speeds :)
Any slower and we would have backed into them! :lol:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rpm said:
As a non-native Minnesotan (10 years), my opinion is that they thought you were kindly waiting to let them into your lane ahead of you.

Everywhere I've lived, the natives think that their local drivers are the worst. In my experience, the drivers in MN (although it has gotten a little worse in recent years) are far and away the nicest. Too darn nice, in fact. My wife and I used to bust up at 4 way stop signs, with everyone waving at each other to go first...now we get a little irritated when someone who arrived at the stop sign 2 seconds before us nevertheless waits until we roll to a stop, then usually wave us through...JUST GO!

Anyway, Go Twinkies!

Rob
Yah, sure. You bet you got that right. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, I saw that black Prius with a bike rack Sunday morning at about 11 am at the corner of Snelling and Randolph in St Paul. I haven't seen one with a bike rack before. Pulled up beside them at the light, but they didn't look over or respond.

Incidentally, where do you go for good service in the Twin Cities? We live in St. Paul, but bought out of state, so I'm not going back to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are on our fourth Toyota from Toyota City in Brooklyn Park, and their service department is the best!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts