Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a chance to take a 2005 Prius in 45 days instead of 90 days (have to decide by tomorrow). Only thing is, it is black. What do you think of the black prius? Also, doesn't the black prius come with the burgundy interior? I *do* like the burgundy interior, but black just gets dirty instantly and shows minor body damage like door dings very badly.

Anyone have pictures of their black prius? I've never seen one in black.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The first Prius I saw in black was the day that I picked up mine. While I was initially concerned about the color, it has quickly become my favorite. Keeping it clean can require a little more work, but I've noticed that once I step back 20 feet or so, most dirt is really not visible anyway. Thankfully, I have not gotten any door dings yet.

Here is a link a picture in my personal gallery.

http://www.priusonline.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=57

·
Registered
66 Posts
I forgot the mention one major plus I've found with the buying a black Prius. I did get a minor ding on the door edge after I opening my door into a concrete wall.

Finding touchup paint to match the car was the easiest and best match I've ever experienced with any car (thankfully as the Prius colors were not in the books in the auto store). I just walked in, glanced at the rack and grabbed the darkest black I found. Matched perfectly!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I personally love the black and it's the first choice for my Prius-to-be. A friend of mine has a black one and damn... it looks SO cool.

Yeah, it'll be harder to keep clean. Oh well.

Love,
Lupin

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the links to your photos! After seeing those we decided the car looked fine in black and went ahead and accepted the order.

Thanks again, it was a big help being able to see what it looked like.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re: Thanks

Panjandrum said:
it was a big help being able to see what it looked like.
Good choice, I'm sure you'll love it! When I first ordered my Prius I put Salsa Red or Silver down as my main preferences with Black as one of my last.

Personally, I think that the photos still do not do the color justice, though it is far better than the nearly impossible task imagining the car in a color from the one inch circle in the dealer's brochure.

·
Registered
110 Posts
i love my black prius and find its not much more difficult to keep looking good than an "ordinary" color. the one thing i deeply regret is that i had to either take the tan interior or wait some more. its a bear to keep clean since i work in a dusty somewhat dirty environment at the home depot here in nashville. aside from that its a WONDERFUL car

·
Registered
110 Posts
oops! i forgot to add that i got rid of those ugly halos around the wheel rims. to me it makes wheels look much better since the almost 90 degree bend is no longer hidden. gives it darn near custom look. of course, its just a personal opinion. but as ive said before, get rid of those halos and set yourself free!! 8) 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts