Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, my family is RAGGING on me for choosing a Prius.

"That ugly thing! We don't care if it gets 1,000 miles to a gallon."
"Black, that's the worst to keep clean, You'll be sorry."
"We saw a black prius on the road and it looked dirty!"

You get the drift. If my family found a million bucks in a dirty suitcase they would complain about the dirt. Anyways. Are there any Black Prius owners who don't mind the black?

It's amazing to me that Toyota didn't think through their colors a little better.
They should hire me as a consultant. They should have slightly more masculine colors. Maybe 2 shades of black...more like the dark blue the Matrix comes in. From what I hear Black has two states, clean...and dirty. But when they are clean they look sexy.

·
Registered
363 Posts
slumbum said:
OK, my family is RAGGING on me for choosing a Prius.

"That ugly thing! We don't care if it gets 1,000 miles to a gallon."
"Black, that's the worst to keep clean, You'll be sorry."
They are right. The only way to keep a black car looking clean is to keep it absolutely spotless. Every spec of dust will show. On the other hand, a clean black car cruising under streetlamps is a beautiful thing.

Just plan on washing carefully every week and it will look great! Be sure to dry. Those waterspots show.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was also concerned about the dirt issue when I was offered a black Prius back in June, however I absolutely love the Prius in this color. While keeping it spotless has been a little more work, I’ve noticed that most dirt is not really visible once you step back 20 feet or so. I’ve also had great results reducing spotting by using the Mr. Clean autodry product.

Besides, with 5-7 months of drizzle here in the Pacific Northwest, few cars are spotless by summer anyway.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sounds like your kids are pretty spoiled.
Perhaps they should have to wash the car every week since they don't like the dirt and have forgotten who pays the bills. Just a thought....

·
Registered
381 Posts
kjb516 said:
I’ve also had great results reducing spotting by using the Mr. Clean autodry product.
Same here, plus it cuts down the overall time for washing the car (don't have to hand dry the whole car - just wheels and door frames). :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HA! Great.

RSnyder, you are too funny. I am going to try that.
They aren't my kids, there sort of older family members who love to find the dark linings of every silver cloud.

Shalom,
Joey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts