Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 2004 Prius -- black with brown interior. (I am going to replace the fabric with a beige leather.) Does anyone have any opinions on the black Prii? I know it will be a b--ch to keep clean, but assuming it is kept clean, how does it look?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
29 Posts
when i picked min up in mid-dec, all of the salesmen, service folks and people wandering the lot were admiring it.... i "still" like black the best, haven't tinted it yet (legal of course), and it is hard to keep clean, but a good wax job makes it much easier.

wouldn't trade my black bc for any other color... i don't know about the tan interior though, i think the grey interior goes well

sid

·
Registered
110 Posts
I never considered black until I saw a black Prius with the tan interior at a dealer. The Prius is among the very few cars that look good in black. I liked it with the tan interior because the effect, from outside, was that the interior was "lit up" by the bright color of the tan. The grey makes the car feel "cooler", as in temperature and more sedate. Just a personal preference.
I have a Seaside Blue myself which was my first choice. The black exterior with tan interior and a few red throw pillows in the back seat (handy for naps) would make the car stunning in my opinion.....provided, of course, that you can keep it clean and shiny.
Black also accentuates the wedgy body shape. At this point, if I were still on the waiting list, I'd accept any color offered.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered my Pri in Black , it's the only color thats slim her big ass for me.
Now i have a black Alfa 166 2.4 Jtd 140 Hp and i'm satisfaced , yes keep her clean it0s difficoult but black colour makes her " sexy "
I like the Black Pri , standard colour Gray / Silver let me indifferent. Here in Italy we soffer an invasion by Silver Cars. Every 5 new cars sold 4 are silver. Boring no ?
Regards
Seth1974

·
Registered
10 Posts
Black 04

I've been on a waiting list since Feb 2nd. There was a person ahead of me waiting for a Black #9 since November. He final got his. Since I was right behind him, I thougth my odds of getting a black Prius was very slim, but to my suprise, on the next allocation, there was a Black #9 again. I jumped on it, since I had passed on a White #9 a few weeks ago.

When I first put in my order, my dealer said that Black was very to difficult to get. So I feel lucky to have a rather "rare color" in my area. It also has the tan interior, which I think will make it look really great. My fiance' also agreed.

I hope to get it in the next few days. I hope it arrives before the weekend.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Steve-
Congrats on the purchase. This is my first post on the board and I wanted to let you know how much I LOVE my prius. My original goal was a silver with grey interior but last second a black came in its place so I snatched it.

You asked about upgrades. I have tinted (as dark as legally possible on every window...don't forget the little bitty ones. I had to go back because "we usually don't do those" lol) I have also added chrome 17" rims. They look SO good on the black prius its unbelievable. I work at a restaurant and was getting teased for ordering a hybrid (I waited a month from 11/03-12/03 for mine) when I could have gotten an Acura TSX, or anything else in my price limit of $30k. Once I got the tint and the chrome... well, let's just say I got a bit more popular at work :wink:

Attached is a link to a pic on my yahoo profile of my car so you can see the tint and rims. Only other addon to date is the chrome license plate frame from the dealership that says "Prius" in more of a script font.

http://profiles.yahoo.com/bradca21

I'm going to be moving back to western Washington (between Kirkland and Marysville somewhere) around September or October. Saw that you live in Woodinville. If interested, we could keep in touch and trade ideas on ways to "pimp our hybrids" :D
Offer also goes to anyone else. Any Q's about the Prius and upgrades, feel free to call me. I think I'm one of the few that has endeavored to make this a rall car like no other, WHILE maintaining every bit of mpg God gave it to begin with.

If you call, please just make it clear that you saw this posting on this site so I know who the heck you are. Otherwise I may be a little bit :?
562-810-3903

later!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts