Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, take this how you will, I have no idea of the accuracy.

Spoke to my dealer yesterday, he said they had their reginal sales meeting the other day. This would be CA. They were told Toyota is increasing production of the Prius by 25%; not the previously released 50%. They are still having problems with the suppliers, and can't get enough parts for the hoped for 50% increase.
They also announced the indefinate delay of the hybrid Highlander, and the RX400h.

Like I said, I don't know if it is accurate, but thought I would pass it along.

Spike

·
Registered
35 Posts
but...

but to give those on the waiting lists hope, I just got a call that my prius is in...and it's 3 months early! the dealer said they've been getting larger than normal shipments lately.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When did you order from them? And what did you order/get?
I have been on the list in Hayward for 3 months already (expected time at order was 4-6 months; now it "at least 6 months"). After reading some of the posts here, I drove out to Stockton and put in my order there as well. Thought I couldn't do that, but they said it wasn't a problem. If push came to shove, I was just going to put it under my wife's maiden name.

Feel kind of bad, as Hayward was the only one I could find around with a test driver car. All the others would take my order, but had no tester. That is why we ordered with them in the first place. Since no one is dealing on price anyway.

Who knows, maybe we get one for the wife and one for me too!

Spike

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered from Toyota Town in Stockton on June 28, took delivery on July 22. I wasn't particular about color, but definitely wanted package #9. Jeff was great to work with, and even picked me up at Sacramento airport and drove me the hour back to the dealership.

Cheers
-b

·
Registered
35 Posts
I ordered a silver #7 in early july and took it home yesterday (august 15th). I got a #6 instead, but it was silver. I would recommend them...totally hassle-free.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No, not Stockton. We live in Mt. Shasta and got ours from Lythia Toyota in Medford, Oregon. They tried to charge us a $1460.00 premium over MSRP, but once I threatened to take my business elsewhere, they caved...

Todd

·
Registered
299 Posts
Spike said:
Feel kind of bad, as Hayward was the only one I could find around with a test driver car. All the others would take my order, but had no tester. That is why we ordered with them in the first place. Since no one is dealing on price anyway.
Capital Toyota in San Jose was the only place I could find with a tester. They actually had 2 of them, but they weren't using one as it was in a minor accident. I guess they figured the small dents on the left side would cause people to not want one???

It took 4 months to get the car, and I took the first one they offered; Silver #7. Love the smart key!!! I've gotten so use to NOT using the key, I sometimes forget that if it isn't in my pocket, the door wont open! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts