Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at North Hollywood Toyota to place a deposit and they told me that they wanted $3000 minimum OVER INVOICE for the Prius and I walked out. They were really mean about it too -- totally unprofessional. I drove all the way up from the southbay and I when I got there, it was a whole different story - totally typical scummy dealership experience. Very Crooked. As I was leaving, the salesman screamed, and I mean SCREAMED "Good Luck" in a totally sarcastic voice. and I screamed back, over a busy showroom, "F?%K YOU" -- I've never been so angry with a human being.

The Salesman was such an a**hole. His name was Jerrimiah something.

Sorry - I had to vent.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That whole supply and demand thing is really kicking in hard. As long as there are people who are willing to pay more - sales people will charge more. Don't let the capitalistic system upset you, it's a fact of life in the US.

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts
are you sure that that's $3000 over invoice, and not $3000 over MSRP?

MSRP-invoice on a base 2004, no options, is $1584.
add to that:
MSRP of the package 9 BC - invoice on a package 9 BC ($5245-$4520) = $725

so right there the MSRP is $2309 over invoice on a package 9 BC prius. are you saying that your dealer only wants a "market adjustment" markup of only ~$700?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too had a bad experience with North Hollywood Toyota. Myself and two other friends had made an appointment with one of the salesman to see and test drive the '04.

We showed up on time and were told by the salesman that he was busy and that we would have to meet with his partner. Ok, that was fine. the partner said he would be with us as soon as the demo came back from a test drive.

Once the demo came back we waited for the partner to come back to us. So we sat in the car waiting. He came back and informed us that the key was missing!! No test drive today. How do you lose the key?? IDIOTS

He asked us to come back the next day. We reluctantly agreed. As we were leaving, we saw our original salesman sitting at a table apparently having lunch!

We ended up stopping at the Hollywood Toyota dealership, meeting a great salesman named Varden, putting $1000 deposit each. Two of us already have our cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts