Discussion Starter #1
Here's the best sticker I've seen so far:

:twisted: Support our troops - donate your Hummer! :twisted:

Seen any other good ones?

·
Registered
319 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
That is BY FAR the best one I have seen!

·
Registered
370 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, OK, but I guess I meant more Prius/gas-guzzling type bumper stickers. I've also seen a couple "vanity" plates that say things like "55MPG" and "SAVEGAS"

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Today I saw a Prius with the license plate 'ECO CAR'

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I think my problem with bumper stickers is "the bumper sticker itself" I never could figure out why a person would purchase a new car and immediately stick a bumper sticker on it, In the days of chrome bumpers this was OK since with a little gasoline you could get them off. Now you destroy your finish if you have a change of heart. At least if your opinion is changed with the magnets they can be removed. Most bumper stickers I've seen have been placed on cars left in driveways year round and never washed. I have a small vinyl decal on the left bottom of my rear window with the Toyota emblem and "Prius Electric" printed on it. That starts a lot of parking lot conversations.
Now vanity plates are a different matter and some are quite clever. Much harder to come up with one in Massachusetts where the rules require a certain amount of numbers along with letters and in a separate order. For instance "50 MPG" cannot be done as the letters have to precede the numbers.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
hyperion said:
I think my problem with bumper stickers is "the bumper sticker itself" I never could figure out why a person would purchase a new car and immediately stick a bumper sticker on it, In the days of chrome bumpers this was OK since with a little gasoline you could get them off. Now you destroy your finish if you have a change of heart. At least if your opinion is changed with the magnets they can be removed. Most bumper stickers I've seen have been placed on cars left in driveways year round and never washed. I have a small vinyl decal on the left bottom of my rear window with the Toyota emblem and "Prius Electric" printed on it. That starts a lot of parking lot conversations.
Now vanity plates are a different matter and some are quite clever. Much harder to come up with one in Massachusetts where the rules require a certain amount of numbers along with letters and in a separate order. For instance "50 MPG" cannot be done as the letters have to precede the numbers.
I've never been a fan of bumper stickers, either. In my rear lower window, I have five 'slickers' (those removable/restickable things for glass,) and one decal (an essentially permanent 'reversed' sticker that you apply using water, but can be removed with water later.) The decal is my Fraternity crest; the slickers are an old rainbow Apple Computer logo, an Oregon State Parks 'junior ranger' badge, and ones for the local zoo (Oregon Zoo,) PBS station (OPB,) and science museum (OMSI.)

In Oregon, custom plates must be 6-or-fewer characters, plus an optional space or dash; and can not be the same basic layout as 'standard' plates, so no three letters followed by three numbers with a space in the middle; or three numbers followed by three letters with a space in the middle. (But you can run them together, or put a dash in the middle.)

Oh, and I do have two 'bumper stickers' that I rotate in the back window, just kind of wedging them in place. One is a 'Start Global Cooling' by Clif Bar, the other says 'Hey! You on the bike! Thanks!' by some bicycle advocacy group in Washington. (I'm a member of the local bicycle advocacy group, but they don't produce bumper stickers with catchy slogans. I do have a T-Shirt of theirs that says 'ONE LESS CAR' in big bold letters on the back that I wear when biking.)

·
Registered
79 Posts
LOVE!!! the Hummer sticker :D

Since I've been a proponent of a special training progran and license endorsement to drive a Hummer. Like what's required for commercial trucks or a motorcycle endorsement. And there's a certian mid-east practice range where they could hone thier skills.

Any military recruiters reading this are free to use this idea. "Free Hummer driving lessons, join the Army".

·
Registered
232 Posts
I may have Alzheimers.....but at least I don't have Alzheimers!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
On a soft-top Jeep Wrangler, driven by a Hot Chick:

"My other ride is your boyfriend"

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
priusenvy said:
On a soft-top Jeep Wrangler, driven by a Hot Chick:

"My other ride is your boyfriend"
heh. My favorite on a Jeep was (upside-down,) 'If you can read this, please flip me over'

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hyperion said:
I think my problem with bumper stickers is "the bumper sticker itself" I never could figure out why a person would purchase a new car and immediately stick a bumper sticker on it, In the days of chrome bumpers this was OK since with a little gasoline you could get them off. Now you destroy your finish if you have a change of heart.
My solution to this dilemma (on my old minivan, at any rate) was to simply put the sticker onthe reaer window. They peel off the glass with a razor blade quickly and easily.

There are lots of things written on bumperstickers I don't understand, though, and I don't mean political views I disagree with, that's fine. what I don't get is things like "God Bless America" as if God is more likely to bless our great nation if he reads it on the bumper of a Pontiac.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Devotay said:
There are lots of things written on bumperstickers I don't understand, though, and I don't mean political views I disagree with, that's fine. what I don't get is things like "God Bless America" as if God is more likely to bless our great nation if he reads it on the bumper of a Pontiac.
You sound upset. Do you carry that chip on your shoulder everywhere. Are love of God and country really that horrible to you (or is it just one of them)?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are love of God and country really that horrible to you (or is it just one of them)?
You misunderstand.

It isn't the sentiment itself that I object to - far from it - it's a fine and noble idea.

What I don't get is the desire to communicate to God by way of a bumper sticker. Just seems like a crass way to pray.

Anyhow, this is supposed to be about funny bumperstickers - so who's got more?

How 'bout

HUM THIS: 45 MPG!

or

Drive an SUV for Saddam!

or

My Prius is absolutely electric

or

SUV - Super Unpatriotic Vehicle

or

My Prius accelerates faster than your SUV

or

My Prius has more torque than your pick-up truck

or how 'bout this popular one...

Prius owners for Bush/Cheny

·
Registered
928 Posts
Devotay said:
It isn't the sentiment itself that I object to - far from it - it's a fine and noble idea.
If so, why not say it publicly? Perhaps you have reasons not to. Perhaps those with the bumper stickers don't share those reasons.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, y'all. whatever.

I was just out to have a little fun, you guys wanna fight. Forget it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts