Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I should have said something earlier. :oops:

I started reading the forum a couple days before we made a final decision on the Prius. I had taken rides in a couple different friends Prii, but didn't know if my wife was interested. It was *kind of* time for a new car, but we could have put it off.

Anyhow, on a day of errands we went by the dealer after I said "Well, you have to at least sit in it to see if it will work out for you!" (She is small of stature, and visibility might have been an issue) But we ended up having her do a test drive, and she was knocked out!! We had already been acquainted with "Prius enthusiasm", having known both an owner of one of the original V1.0 in San Diego, plus a lady we work with who is over the top about her Salsa Red P.

Two days later we went back and put the deposit. And, amazing to us, a week later we had our incredible silver bullet.

It's been a month. It's been more fun than I imagined. And it has been one of the hands-down most enjoyable purchases of my adult life!

I'll have an occasional question, but I wanted to say hello, and mostly say thanks for the archives and live posts on this forum, which really set my mind at ease over spending a pretty large chunk on a pretty new technology.

And a civil bunch, to boot!

Cheers,
Envoy

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congratulations!

And what a kind post. :D

I can attest that a silver will go for miles and miles and you will never regret your best purchase ever.

Keep posting and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Envoy,

Congrats on your new silver baby. Ours is 2 1/2 weeks old (300+ miles) and it's a dream! Going to take our first "long" trip (Cape Coral FL to Fort Lauderdale FL) tomorrow so I'll get a chance to try out the cruise control. First tank of gas yielded about 46 mpg, not bad considering the time I spent in the driveway with the A/C running "playing" with all the features.

Keep us posted on your experiences!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
We are pleased to meet you. Feel free to throw in you two cents worth here any time. Welcome to da club. :)

·
Registered
919 Posts
Hello and good luck with your exciting purchase!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Greetings, Welcome, Congrats, etc etc etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts