Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else get annoyed with the beeping noise the car makes while backing up? I sure do. :x I feel like I'm driving a frontloader! I've looked in the manuel and have not been able to find out if I can disconnect this feature. Any advise on where to find it in the book or how to trun it off would be greatly appreciated. :roll:

Jill

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There is a procedure, but I cannot remember where I found it. Maybe there's an old thread here? If not, surely Michelle will know about it!

·
Premium Member
2,820 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I first trid this (and then again and again) it did not work until my husband went out and kept the break pressed. We also made the seatbelt beeper only beep 5 times and then stop. I use mine always but not husband Bill.

Thanks again, Jill

·
Registered
299 Posts
03Jill said:
When I first trid this (and then again and again) it did not work until my husband went out and kept the break pressed. We also made the seatbelt beeper only beep 5 times and then stop. I use mine always but not husband Bill.

Thanks again, Jill
I had the same problem until I forgot to remove my foot from the break. THEN it worked!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Emergency Brake On to Disable Reverse Beeper - Passenger O.K

We tried the 10 step procedure dozens of times - it finally worked when my wife suggested that we put the emergency brake on (I also had my foot on the regular brake).

My wife was in the passenger seat when this worked which seems to conflict with another members posting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
reverse seat belt warning beeping

Hello,

Our friends came by for dinner last night and surprised us with their 05 Prius. Everything looked the same to me. I offered to shut off the seatbelt and reverse warning beep, but could NOT get it to give me the "B on B off" indicator. I know what I am doing as I have done this for many 04's in the area. Does anyone have access to the 05 service manual to determine if they changed the way this is shut off? Has anyone successfully shut the beep off on an 05?

Todd

·
Registered
19 Posts
I printed out the instructions last night, went into my garage and attempted to "turn off" the reverse beep on my 2005 and it worked with no problems. I only had to try it once and it worked! Thanks!

Now, if only I didn't have to press "I Agree" on the display everytime I turned on my Prius, I would be a happy camper.

Anyone know how to just make it go to the map or consumtion rate without needing to select "I Agree" everytime you initially start up the Prius?

Just thought I would ask.

Thanks for your time.

Shepherd
2005 Seaside Pearl, BC package
Ordered 9/17/04, got it 9/30/04!
Paid MSRP @ Stockton ToyotaTown

·
Registered
186 Posts
clshep said:
Now, if only I didn't have to press "I Agree" on the display everytime I turned on my Prius, I would be a happy camper.
clshep, I just asked same ? as a new topic, no one is going to see it buried here on reverse beep thread. Do you "AGREE" :lol:

·
Registered
53 Posts
As far as I know, there are only two ways to get rid of the "I Agree" requirement on the Nav startup.

1) Push the "I Agree" button.

2) Kill all of the lawyers.

You could also then start enjoying medium-rare cheeseburgers again in restaurants.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts