Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a few folks have asked this already but I couldn't find a response. Has anyone figured out how to disable the beeping when using the touch screen? Now that the reverse beep is off, my car is almost perfect but the screen thing is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
623 Posts
hdrygas said:
Some one suggested you could pull the wire on the beeper device. It would mean getting into the dash though.
Sounds like a bad idea because it would also disable warning beeps. Once I forgot to shut off the power, so the car would not have locked, and would have been drivable by anone who came along. The warning beep alerted me that the door had not locked, and I looked to see why, and saw the instruments on. There's also a warning beep when VSC engages. Useful to know.

Agreed, however, that the MFD beeps are not necessary.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Daniel said:
Agreed, however, that the MFD beeps are not necessary.
I guess it's another personal preference item. I actually don't mind them myself, as it lets me know things like I've actually disengaged the A/C (climate->A/C->climate) without having to look at the MFD; sometimes I "miss" (or just don't touch it hard enough, if that makes sense).

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I agree with Mr. Mage on this one. I like the positive-confirmation of the MFD beeps. But then, I'm a computer guy...I actually understand the swear word language that R2D2 used to use at C-3PO. :shock:

·
Registered
381 Posts
BIF said:
But then, I'm a computer guy...I actually understand the swear word language that R2D2 used to use at C-3PO. :shock:
hehehe... know the feeling. in "Jedi" on the sail barge when they ran into each other (literally) and 3PO asked what R2 was doing there, I always "voice over" back:
Serving drinks! What does it look like I'm doing?!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts