Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any especially good or bad experiences with any SF Bay Area dealers? Which dealers charge the closest to MSRP?

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you don't mind going to Stockton for a Prius at MSRP, then you might want to do a quick search for "Asif" to see all the good stuff (and a couple bad comments) about Asif Mahmood at Toyota Town. He quoted me 2-3 months, and I got lucky with waiting only 4 weeks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Look for the old Q's asking the same thing.
Stay away from Broadway Auto in Oakland, I also recommend Marcus at Stockton Toyota.
Pauline

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would strongly recommend Tracy toyota. The wait was almost 6 months for my package #9 2004 that ended up a package #6 2005.

I paid MSRP with no deposit. Deborah Bruns and the staff are real professionals, she will actually return calls/emails.

They have made me a Tracy toyota fan, can't wait until the hybrid Highlander is available. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would recommend Rick at Capitol Toyota in San Jose. Originally I had put in my order with someone else at the dealership who I guess had left later on. Rick was great however, returning phone calls and emails, being a really friendly and helpful guy. I realize that he is a dealer and this is his job, but he was just so laid back, I never felt pressure, and I have taken other people to him who have said the same thing. I was quoted 4months wait, and it took a week less than that for my 2004 Pkg. 9.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
We're waiting on a Prius we ordered in January from Hayward Toyota. We paid a little under MSRP, but then we still haven't received the car, mostly because the color we apparently hasn't come in since we have been at the top of the order list. It's been a long, frustrating wait. San Jose has an online department, and at least when we spoke to them at the time of the order, they were willing to sell for under MSRP. That may not be the case now. My husband spoke with the Berkeley dealer today, and was told we could have a car in the color we wanted in 4-5 months if we were willing to pay 5K (?!) over MSRP, otherwise it would be about 9 months. Makes me wonder if they're taking a waiting list and what those on the list are being told. So I would avoid Berkeley Toyota unless you're willing to pay that premium.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Toyota in Burlingame, CA

:D We purchased our 2004 option 9 package from Putman Toyota in Burlingame, CA. We put a $500 deposit using a credit card (never posted) in mid May, we took deliverly on September 20 at MSRP. Great experince, no pressure and they knew what they were talking about. ps. We added leather interior as an add-on, highly recomended.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Salsa John,

I'm curious - when did you take delivery on your 2005 model? I didn't know those were available for delivery yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Freesia said:
Salsa John,

I'm curious - when did you take delivery on your 2005 model? I didn't know those were available for delivery yet.

Car arrived on Saturday morning Oct. 2nd. Picked it up Saturday afternnon.

When I was told it was a '05 I remember asking how many '05's had come in. I recall it was either the 2nd or 3rd package 6 2005 they had received

If you want to contact Tracy toyota here is the number of Deborah Bruns 209 834-1111 x127, she is the fleet & internet sales manager

·
Registered
18 Posts
Noli Bati at Putnam Toyota in Burlingame is the man to go to in the Bay Area. Everytime I've dealt with him he's been professional, courteous, honest and knowledgable. I ordered my Prius from him just after labor day last year and drove it home on October 27th. I paid MSRP and the entire experience was hassle free. He even gave me a free loaner between the time that the lease on my old car ran out (end of September) and the time the Prius arrived. I didn't even have to ask-when I told him I wanted a prius, he asked when my lease expires and said he'd have a loaner waiting for me when I dropped off the old car. That alone saved me several hundred dollars in rental car expenses.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Piercey Toyota in SJ

I bought mine at Piercey Toyota in SJ. I used Costco to get $100 off MSRP. You could also try Sunnyvale Toyota by going direct through Toyota's website and requesting a quote. Sunnyvale was quoting a direct price of $350 off package BC, but the dealer added the "optional" car mats and cargo net to the standard package. TJ Ha at Piercey was very professional and I would recommend him again anytime. My wait was only 3 weeks, although I was quoted 3 months. I lucked out when someone couldn't pick up their car.

I placed a $500 "goodwill" deposit by giving a credit card number, but it was never charged. They stated they would not cash a check, either.

My only complaint was with the finance manager trying to sell me extended warranties and prepaid maintenance plan. Other than that, it was overall a good experience with no hassles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Insta-buy

I know factory production is up 100% now but I didn't want to wait and didn't mind paying a 2100 dollar premium from Antioch Toyota.

They don't use a waiting list -- they use a first come first served philosophy so when, after all my car researching, I wanted to buy one I had it in 5 days. Only catch is you can't decide what color you want, of course, because they sell em right as they get off the boat.

I'm loving this car, it is fantastic. Especially now that the rear beeping is off!

·
Registered
19 Posts
While its not a bay area dealer, since Sacramento has approx. 30% of its population working in the bay area, I guess it qualifys.
Anyway, Roseville Toyota had my Prius in about 4 weeks. Great service! Highly recommend them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got my second Gen 2 Prius from Stockton Toyota Town this past Saturday. I was on the waiting list less than four weeks. They sell all their Priuses for MSRP, no markup, no dealer pack, no pressure for the extended warranty. If you're flexible on colors, you should be able to get a BC in under five weeks. I dealt with Asif, like many others.

·
Registered
1 Posts
no waitlist

I got my prius immediately without a markup at Prospect Motors in Jackson, CA. The guy I worked with is John Blacklock. Prospect is about 90 miles north of the east bay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked mine up at Toyota Town in Stockton this Saturday also. 3 weeks on the waiting list, and we got the color and option package we wanted. We drove 3 hours to get it, as the wait at our local dealer is 8+ months.

·
Registered
133 Posts
CA Bay Area Dealers

Well I am going to try to call Asif to see what he can do for me. I want a Tidelands Pearl loaded with everything with leather. I will see how long it takes to get it. I will let you guys know the results. I am new to this board and find the postings informative, mature and enjoyable. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts