Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Hope this isn't a stupid question, but the 2 top (green) bars of the battery meter seem to be quite elusive to me! Even going down long hills, they just don't come up! I really want to try and see if I can get it to fully charge at least once (kind of a game between me and my wife! :lol:)

How easy is this to do, or should I be worried that it has only ever once gone green since I have had it (only 3 days!).

I'm sure it's normal, but wanted to check!

Love the car by the way!!!!! Only one thing though, in the UK model there isn't a power socket in the dash!!!! I have to open the centre console to get the power! You guys have both!!!! On the other hand, I have a factory EV button! :wink:

S

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I've never seen 8 bars, I've seen 7 occasionally sometimes on hills, sometimes on flat terrain. I'm guessing it's easier on a hill. Just make sure you have 6 bars at the top, then down you go =)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, Thanks for that.... I saw 7 bars once, but just for a fleeting moment!

Most of the time is just on 6 bars!

Thanks

S

·
Registered
71 Posts
Battery draining

My question in the Technical Forum is similar:

Happy Easter all,
I sat in traffic last night in Manhattan. I couldn't get through one traffic light for 15 minutes....As I sat there, I watched the battery icon show drainage until there was only 2 bars left. Finally I moved and the battery quickly charged.

Would the battery eventually have drained if I couldn't move? What do I do then? How could I have avoided this. (PS- there were no headlights/heat or radio on).

Thanks.
David

·
Registered
928 Posts
Once the battery drains low enough, the engine will restart to recharge it even if you're just sitting there. Unless you're in N mode, in which case a message will show on the screen begging you to put it in a different mode.

So don't worry, your Prius won't let the battery drain so far that it gets hurt or is unable to start your gas engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts