Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a Pride Scooter. The kind seniors & disabled use to make getting around easier when there is a lot of walking involved. I suggest considering this model for anyone with a Prius, as it fits in the hatchback just great.

Thank you mrv "michelle :wink: -- knower of all things :wink: " for pointing me to the Pride website. It saved me many hours and days of searching & shopping. Found exactly what I wanted, got a nearby dealer from the website, went that one place & bought it for a good price.

for the record: I have no connection with the Pride Co. or any of its dealers whatsoever except as a customer.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
According to specs, disassembled, the heaviest piece (rear section) weighs 32 lbs. The battery pack weighs about 20lbs & can be charged on or off the scooter. They are 2 x 9 lb gel, sealed, non spillable batteries in a case with a handle, according to the labeling.

In my second try I assembled the scooter in about 5 minutes once the pieces were on the ground.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here are the 4 pieces in my Prius. They leave enough room that I can carry it around for when I need it. At about 93 lbs total it is not much weight.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ooops.. forgot to tell you. It has regenerative & disc park brake...similar to the Prius it rides around in :eek: :) :D 8)

When you release either the forward or reverse throttle lever, the regen braking electrically kicks in automatically to slow down. After regen slows it down to near stop, the disc park brake kicks in.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts