Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on a list for the prius since end of sept. The dealer called last week to tell me he had a car and naturally it wasn't what I ordered (base model). Has anyone heard of anybody getting a base model. I am stretching very far to afford that model and cannot go beyond, but with what I've been reading, it doesn't look promising. There seems to be too much profit to be made with all the packages out there.
I finally asked my dealer to take my name off the list. I'm going to look at the civic hybrid. Not so glam but maybe I can get something I can (barely) afford

·
Registered
15 Posts
I picked up my base model (Package #1) last Friday. I originally ordered a package #9, but after being told that I could wait up to a year I called around found this car. I love it!. The only thing missing that I really want was the GPS. I bought a Garmin Ique for mapping. It gives me most of the features that the Prius version has.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply. Congratulations! You got the car I wanted.
I have gotten totally out of the hybrid market and just made a deal on a Matrix. I don't feel good about it. I was really pushing beyond what I could afford. Maybe in 4 years. That's when I'll have put about 200 thou on this one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts