Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bob Howard Toyota in Oklahoma City has crossed over to the dark side. After lying to me back in March about a Prius they supposidly had coming in (we later learned that was bogus after they took our deposit and gave us a signed deal sheet), I had been working with their GM to make everything right. Well, I was out of commission for about 2 weeks because my wife and I had a baby, and when I called to get an update from the GM (Mike Long, very nice guy), I was told he no longer worked there. Hmmm...

Transferred to the new GM, he never returned my call. Called today and talked to the head of customer relations (Amy - also very nice, but not keyed in to allocations, etc.). She transferred me to a head salesperson - Jay Hader - who tried to deny that they had ever lied to us. Oh, and what do you know, they have a Driftwood #5 coming in tomorrow with leather and it's only $3K over list. He claimed this was Toyota policy to charge a premium, I told him that was BS. Needless to say, the conversation did not go well. So even though I am #3 on their wait list, they won't sell the cars for list and he doesn't care about previous agreements with potential customers. My wife and I were planning to buy two new cars in the next few years and you can be sure we will not buy them from Bob Howard.

My next phone calls are to Toyota corporate, the OK attorney general, and the BBB.

Ugh, why has this whole process turned into such a nightmare for so many of us?! :evil:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. The dealers in Tulsa are pretty swamped with orders as well although I don't think they are charding over MSRP. PM me if you want the name of the dealership I am getting my Prius from. It's close, they charge MSRP, and seem to have a short waiting list.

Patrick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dub Richardson Toyota Was Great

Sorry to hear about the run-around with Bob Howard. I live in OKC too and I just took delivery of my #9 Prius. Ordered on January 20 and it arrived on July 20, six months to the day. They were very nice and above board about everything. Even allowed me to negotiate a "monthly schedule" trade-in value for my old vehicle up front because I didn't want to order the car and then feel like I'd be over a barrel when it came time to negotiate my trade-in. And, six months later, they stuck to it.

They didn't try to sell me the car over sticker, though they told me I should go on eBay and sell it for over myself. :)

I worked with Paul Kerr there - older gentlemen who was always very pleasant and not at all pushy. If you get your messed straightened out with Bob Howard, I'd (surprisingly) actually recommend Dub Richardson.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts