Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am back but I'll be a good boy. I had to log on with a new ID. I promise not to say disparaging remarks about the Prius. I am still partial to the FOCUS... but I really would like to have an '04 Prius. Don't tell anyone!! :cry:

As some of you have already figured out , this is not the Xcel that was formerly on this board.
--Pete

·
Registered
928 Posts
Strangely, you don't sound quite like Wayne. Too bad we can never know for sure.

Anyway, if you are Wayne, welcome back. I've found it's a good idea never to post when you're angry, these are public forums and it's too easy to fall for bait and end up saying things you regret later. Instead, type up your remarks in notepad or some other text editor, then review it an hour or so later after you've cooled down. It will be really obvious then which parts ought to be kept to yourself or rewritten.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The original poster, Wayne Xcl, is not Wayne.

I was reading the boards at GreenHybrid.com and Wayne posted this message
Hi All:

___I had my membership revoked over at Priusonline for whatever reason and someone is again posting as if it were me again. Could someone reply to the following thread to dispel this? Pete cannot be reached nor would he do anything about some speaking extremely derogatory and such in his forum.
___Just a simple note saying it isnt me is all I ask.
Thought you'd like to know.

G

·
0 Posts
Interesting

I actually read some of the posts from this person on Edmunds. I actually am kind of glad he doesn't post here anymore. Quite a bit of negative posts concerning the Prius were written by him. I've been lurking for a while and mainly enjoy getting information from most of the posts on these forums. It's quite refreshing to see everyone with a common interest without the bickering you see on other forums. :eek:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Oddly enough, he taught me quite a bit about how people sometimes view situations.

He had good arguments for a particular non-hybrid PZEV. Unfortunately, that technology caused MPG to be slightly worse than a traditional vehicle. And reducing efficiency is something I just plain won't support.

He also tried to throw support behind a few vehicles that provide better MPG but aren't any cleaner (smog-related) than many other common vehicles.

The lesson learned was that unbalanced fixes really aren't a valid solution.

Thankfully, Prius delivers BOTH improved emissions and improved efficiency.

G

·
0 Posts
Amen to that...

I absolutely agree. The Prius has a wonderful degree of balance. I still think it is an exceptional value when you consider the technology you're receiving.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Re: Amen to that...

Mark Prius said:
...The Prius has a wonderful degree of balance....
Yes, I can toss all my cr#p in the back, have room for my favorite people, and still get great gas mileage while producing less pollution than a leaf-blower!

If that's not "balance," then there is no such thing!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I actually thought Wayne's postings were interesting, even though I disagreed with his conclusions about the Prius (which I think is the greatest and the coolest car on the road.) I was sorry he got kicked off. I gather that was for something in a thread I didn't see.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts