Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my Prius back from the shop after 3 weeks of body work. Should have taken 2 weeks, but the body shop my Delaer recommended forgot to fix the drivers door (not quite sure how he missed a 4 inch metal deep scratch). Anyway I picked the car up last night and when I was driving home, I attempted to use the automatic drivers window. So I push the button down far enough to engage this feature and nothing happens. Then I decide I will hold the button down until the window is completely open and try to pull it up automatically. Once again I had to pull the button up the eintire time to close the window. So I try this over and over again last night adn again this morning with no success. is it possible that the Auto Body shop may have disconnected something within the Window to not allow this to happen anymore? I will be consulting my manual later tonight (to disgusted with the situation last night to read about it). Does anyone know what could have happened?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dents

You're not going to find the problem "fix" in the manual. Take it back to the body shop.

If it worked before the accident, something is either broken, connected incorrectly or not connected at all.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I thought that maybe there was a disable switch that may have been triggered. I will be bringing it to the dealer to solve.

·
Registered
149 Posts
auto window...

To get the auto feature back (after 12 V battery is disconnected), hold the switch all the way down to lower the window, then hold the switch up to roll the window all the way up closed. Now try the auto feature. Somehow that resets the auto limiter thingy. That be my tech term for it! Hope that works.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you I will try that today and let you know.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
From the manual:

If the auxiliary battery is disconnected
or run down, the power window may not
operate automatically and the jam protection
function will not function correctly after
you reconnect, replace or recharge the
auxiliary battery. In any of these cases,
you should normalize the power window.

To normalize the power window:

1. Push down the power window switch
and lower the window halfway.

2. Pull up the switch until the window
closes and hold the switch for a second.

Make sure that the window opens and
closes automatically. If the power window
cannot be operated properly, have

·
Registered
149 Posts
auto window...

ah, yes, must hold the switch in the up position for a second or two after the window closes fully. That should do the trick...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts