Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed the auto up feature on the driver's window. Nearly every car for the past several years has had the auto one push window down, but I thought it was a saftey feature not to have a one push auto up feature. I thought it was a lame excuse not to have the up feature and am glad it is included.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I did test the auto-up one day. I, ummm, let it close on my left hand before reading that sometimes the auto-reverse doesn't reverse. Not much pressure because it worked correctly, but I can see how it might strangle someone who isn't strong enough/experienced enough to break the window if it failes to reverse after clamping down on their neck...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I love this feature (one of many). It always seemed to me that it would be more important to have that window go up without a lot of fuss as opposed to down all the way. If anyone's head is in there oh well. Especially those people who drive with their little dogs on their lap or draped across the sterring wheel!! Much more dangerous than a cell phone as far as I am concerned, for the dog as well as other drivers.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Just remember that after a 12v power disconnect, that you'll have to re-train your auto-up driver's window to know where the stop-point is. If you do not, you'll either not have an auto-up window, or when it hits the top it'll roll itself back down again...

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
mrv said:
Just remember that after a 12v power disconnect, that you'll have to re-train your auto-up driver's window to know where the stop-point is. If you do not, you'll either not have an auto-up window, or when it hits the top it'll roll itself back down again...
How do you re-train the auto-up feature? I never heard that before.

·
Registered
420 Posts
firepa63 said:
mrv said:
Does it involve chocolate?!?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
firepa63 said:
It's listed in the Owner's Manual. It's too cold to go out and check the page on my 2001's manual, but I have a US 2004 manual in PDF handy - page 41, section 2-1 Operation of Instruments and Controls, Keys and Doors, Power Windows section.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
mrv said:
It's listed in the Owner's Manual. It's too cold to go out and check the page on my 2001's manual, but I have a US 2004 manual in PDF handy - page 41, section 2-1 Operation of Instruments and Controls, Keys and Doors, Power Windows section.
I'll be darned ... I probably read it, but it got lost in the clutter of my brain!

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
grovey said:
How do you make the window go up automatically?
Not hard to explain, but it helps to have a reference about how the drivers window switch works. Both pulling the switch up and pushing down, the switch has two stops, kind of like a camera has two stops on the shutter button. The first stop locks the focus and the exposure, the second stop and bottom of the button opens the shutter.

So, pulling up or pushing down, the first top is full manual control of the window. As long as you pull or push the switch to that first stop the window is under your command, let go and it stops. However, if you pull or push through the first stop to the second, final, stop the window will continue up or down until it is fully up or down. Play with the switch and you will understand.

·
Registered
457 Posts
From the 04 manual:
If the 12v battery is disconnected OR..run down.. you may lose the auto(express) function of the driver's window.
To normalize this function:
1. Lower the windown to half way. (they are presuming it's UP..?)
2. Pull the button (switch) UP all the way until the window closes. Then hold the button UP "for a second"...

If this does not return the auto function ... guess who you should see.?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.