Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to take the AmTrak Auto Train this Sunday. Has anyone taken this with the Prius?

I am hoping that those who drive the car up into the train know what they are doing.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I suspect that would be a significant problem. I know that when I had to have a tire replaced, getting it in and out of the shop was an ordeal.

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Prii aren't all that rare anymore. I find that most places you hand a car over to have a clue, or some clue. If you don't feel good about it, put a valet instruction card on the keyring, use a little tape on the ring slot so they can't easily discard it and turn off SKS so they have to follow the instructions exactly.

Oh, and you never know what valets are going to do. Get a copy of the physical door key made and keep that with you so in case they lock the fob in the car, you can get in.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jeromep said:
Prii aren't all that rare anymore. I find that most places you hand a car over to have a clue, or some clue. If you don't feel good about it, put a valet instruction card on the keyring, use a little tape on the ring slot so they can't easily discard it and turn off SKS so they have to follow the instructions exactly.

Oh, and you never know what valets are going to do. Get a copy of the physical door key made and keep that with you so in case they lock the fob in the car, you can get in.
I am going to bring both keys; I have two.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those who may use the Auto Train...they sort of knew how to start the car. I say, 'sort of', since I had to tell them it was on, when they drove off. (which, was a first for me...I got to hear how truly quiet that car is from the outside, when it just leaves, with no A/C on...)

There was one other Prius on the trip; a 2002 model.

One of my brothers, whom I saw, said, 'I thought you were all about saving the gas, yet you took the Auto Train up here..." and I said, 'Yeah, think of all the gas I did not use by taking the train!'

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Good to know your trip worked out well. Looks like your valet experience was basically not too far off the mark. Glad they didn't do anything stupid, that is usually the goal when you hand the keys over to a valet.

Well, considering that Autotrain is public transit, you and a lot of other people that day made a good travel choice. Let somebody else do the driving and save your own gas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts