Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the 2004 prius have auto door locks when you shift the car into drive or reverse? Or is it speed sensitive? or does it not have auto door lock feature at all?

I rented one and I noticed that the doors didnt automatically lock but its illogical to assume the prius is without this simple feature.

It must be programmable, right?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't think there is any auto-lock feature on the Prius, and don't remember anything in the manual mentioning it. I don't have kids, so it wasn't a concern for me. There is a lock button on the drivers' door to lock all the doors.

It does seem like such a simple feature to add, I would have expected itto be a programmable feature. I think I saw a post a whle ago that said it was not available, though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
macreative said:
Does the 2004 prius have auto door locks when you shift the car into drive or reverse? Or is it speed sensitive? or does it not have auto door lock feature at all?

I rented one and I noticed that the doors didnt automatically lock but its illogical to assume the prius is without this simple feature.

It must be programmable, right?
The Prius does NOT have auto locking doors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How strange that it doesn't have auto door locks, weird considering it has everything else just about.

What the Prius is missing that an XLE Camry has, I am comparing to my Car.
> Heated Seats
> Auto Door Locks
> Leather Seats
> Overly Vanilla Design : - )

·
Registered
56 Posts
macreative said:
How strange that it doesn't have auto door locks, weird considering it has everything else just about.

> Heated Seats
> Auto Door Locks
> Leather Seats
But look at what Prius DOES have that the others don't!

·
Registered
623 Posts
> Heated Seats
> Auto Door Locks
> Leather Seats
At 30 degrees below zero I don't need heated seats. The cloth seats just don't feel cold.

I don't want auto door locks. I can lock all the doors at the touch of a button if I want.

I don't want leather seats. Cloth is more comfortable.

I think we agree that nobody can call the Prius overly vanilla. This is one super-cool car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts