Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your maintenance schedule for the Prius calls for periodic rotation of tires at 5,000 miles and alignment as needed. Local Wal-Mart charges $4.50 a tire or $18.00 for one, 4 wheel rotation. Pomp's Tire Service has a "Tire Guard Protection Service" for 36 months from purchase of the Tire Guard Protection that includes road hazards, workmanship, free inspections, and TIRE ROTATION for $30.00! In addition, after Pomps originally balances the tires and wheels, they will be REBALANCED when necessary at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE during the 36 months from purchase of Protection Plan. Plus you get coupons for money off next purchase of tires and for 4 wheel alignment. I wonder if your local Toyota dealer will match this! :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
dzitlow said:
Your maintenance schedule for the Prius calls for periodic rotation of tires at 5,000 miles and alignment as needed. Local Wal-Mart charges $4.50 a tire or $18.00 for one, 4 wheel rotation. Pomp's Tire Service has a "Tire Guard Protection Service" for 36 months from purchase of the Tire Guard Protection that includes road hazards, workmanship, free inspections, and TIRE ROTATION for $30.00! In addition, after Pomps originally balances the tires and wheels, they will be REBALANCED when necessary at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE during the 36 months from purchase of Protection Plan. Plus you get coupons for money off next purchase of tires and for 4 wheel alignment. I wonder if your local Toyota dealer will match this! :lol:
all US Prius come with 3 years/36,000 miles of road hazard tire/wheel coverage, as part of the Toyota Roadside Assistance package that comes with new US Prius.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does it include free tire and wheel rotation every 5000 miles and free balancing for 36 months (after initial balance)?

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
36,000 mile coverage for tire rotations (at every 5000 miles that's 7 rotations), for $30 is cheap. The rotations usually are about $15-20 a pop around me, although sometimes I get a coupon for a local place that'll do it for free (to get you to come in and do some other stuff with them).

I was just reminding people that they are already covered for road hazards, and if they buy a policy for road hazards for the first 3 years/36,000 miles they'd be overpaying as then they'd be covered twice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts