Toyota Prius Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting article...

"It came as no surprise that we could not infect the car, but the Prius performed in the test even better than expected. No matter what we did the car did not react to the Bluetooth traffic at all. Cabir tried to send itself to the car and the car just did not allow the Bluetooth OBEX transfer to happen."

Full Article: http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/

- - -

Damn. I love our Prius. :D

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
Well, duh, the Prius doesn't use OBEX.

From the 2004 Prius owner's manual:
This system supports the following service.
* HFP (Hands Free Profile) Ver. 1.0
* OPP (Object Push Profile) Ver. 1.1
If your cellular phone does not support HFP, you cannot enter the
Bluetooth phone, and take OPP service individually.

·
Registered
82 Posts
OBEX

Hi, mrv:

I though FTP (file transfer profile) and OPP (object push profile) require OBEX as foundation. At least that was my impression from reading some bluetooth.com materials. Was I wrong?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Re: OBEX

The default service of OPP is OBEX.

The study was performed in Finland. The article was on the front cover of the (weekly car attachment of) main Helsinki newspaper. F-Secure is in fact a Finnish company.

Interesting article but nothing more :)

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts

ceric said:
Hi, mrv:

I though FTP (file transfer profile) and OPP (object push profile) require OBEX as foundation. At least that was my impression from reading some bluetooth.com materials. Was I wrong?
OK, maybe I don't know my Bluetooth protocols as well as I thought (which is rudimentiary at best). <shrug> From my further reading, OBEX does look like an underlying foundation, but FTP is a different profile than OPP, but they both have OBEX as a base. I am just used to seeing the FTP called OBEX when people are complaining about the crippled features of the Verizon/Motorolla V710 phone. Mea culpa.

·
Registered
154 Posts

I've been getting all day emails from friend about this Prius/verus stuff :) Everyone is resending me that URL :) After all the news is: "Prius cannot be infected with a verus".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts