Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have been your overall reactions to and impressions of the service department at your Toyota Prius dealership? Is there anything they could do to provide a better quality of service? :?:

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
Courteous enough, but not competent and are tightwads wanting to charge for everything, even though they had me pay a premium.
Spills oil over the engine, and overfills, even though the workorder was handwritten Do No Overfill large enough by the service writer (who I think is the asst. mgr.
This is Sun Toyota.

·
Registered
669 Posts
My experience is limited so far, but other than being busy I don't have any complaints. Their Prius tech guy seems competent from what I've observed and they didn't do any of the things folks have complained about like under-inflating tires or over-filling oil. It may help that there is PLENTY of competition -- if I don't like the service at this dealership there are at least 3 a comparable distance from home and a small one even closer than the one where I purchased.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My dealer is in Puyulup WA., Toyota of Puyup. Fast service, Never overfill oil, rotate tires, Always ask for and write down tire pressures, Wash car. The best Toyota dealership I've dealt with (two previous Camrys).

I can highly recommend them, they really seem to know the car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
The Ford dealer I used with my Explorer had a checklist they used everytime I had my truck serviced and they gave it to me for my records. So I had a very detailed and accurate record of what they did and the condition of the vehicle.

I've only had my Prius for 2 1/2 months so I have only used my dealer's service department one time. And they give me no information other than a receipt. It's annoying. :x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts