Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, at 4:30pm I received a call while at work from Asif from Stockton Toyota Town. He told me that he just had a couple pass up a 2005 Seaside Pearl, package BC (= #9 2004 Model) because they were waiting for a Silver one and asked if I was interested?

He didn’t even finish saying “interested” before I cut him off and told him I would be there tonight after work!

After work, I drove home (from San Ramon to Modesto) in my 1989 Oldsmobile, and it took everything in my power to keep from speeding. I had to pick up my wife and kid before heading out to Stockton since my wife would need to drive one of our vehicles home while I took the Prius home. (No Trade In)

Picked them up, drove another 30 minutes (after spending almost 2 hours driving from San Ramon to Modesto) to Stockton and Asif greeted me as we pulled up.

I gave him all my information and within an hour, I was signing the paperwork and Asif was handing me the keys…uh…well, little black boxes! :D Paid MSRP, nothing more!

I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Seaside Pearl Prius, fully loaded!

I didn’t mind that commute home from Stockton what-so-ever and I had to REALLY concentrate to NOT look at all the console eye-andy! :shock:

This morning I loaded my golf clubs into the roomy trunk and showed it off to my buddies at the links. Got home and my wife told me I need to stop hogging it!

Much to my dismay, she grabbed her little black box and took off while I stayed home with the kids. When she got home about an hour later, she had the same grin on her face that I did when we got home last night after first driving it!

Total wait time was 2 weeks from the time I contacted Asif to the time he delivered my Prius! No heavy sales tactics, no pressure, in fact, he and Mohammad (sales manager) made my wife and I very comfortable and made the whole buying experience a pleasure and not the nightmare I’ve heard from other dealerships.

ASIF IS DA MAN!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad you had such a good experience. My phone and email messages were never returned...guess he's not interested in out of state customers....

·
Registered
26 Posts
clshep said:
Yesterday, at 4:30pm I received a call while at work from Asif from Stockton Toyota Town. He told me that he just had a couple pass up a 2005 Seaside Pearl, package BC (= #9 2004 Model) because they were waiting for a Silver one and asked if I was interested?

He didn’t even finish saying “interested” before I cut him off and told him I would be there tonight after work!

After work, I drove home (from San Ramon to Modesto) in my 1989 Oldsmobile, and it took everything in my power to keep from speeding. I had to pick up my wife and kid before heading out to Stockton since my wife would need to drive one of our vehicles home while I took the Prius home. (No Trade In)

Picked them up, drove another 30 minutes (after spending almost 2 hours driving from San Ramon to Modesto) to Stockton and Asif greeted me as we pulled up.

I gave him all my information and within an hour, I was signing the paperwork and Asif was handing me the keys…uh…well, little black boxes! :D Paid MSRP, nothing more!

I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Seaside Pearl Prius, fully loaded!

I didn’t mind that commute home from Stockton what-so-ever and I had to REALLY concentrate to NOT look at all the console eye-andy! :shock:

This morning I loaded my golf clubs into the roomy trunk and showed it off to my buddies at the links. Got home and my wife told me I need to stop hogging it!

Much to my dismay, she grabbed her little black box and took off while I stayed home with the kids. When she got home about an hour later, she had the same grin on her face that I did when we got home last night after first driving it!

Total wait time was 2 weeks from the time I contacted Asif to the time he delivered my Prius! No heavy sales tactics, no pressure, in fact, he and Mohammad (sales manager) made my wife and I very comfortable and made the whole buying experience a pleasure and not the nightmare I’ve heard from other dealerships.

ASIF IS DA MAN!!!
Im not sure I would be so quick to recommend him. He never returns phone calls from In state customers either. He's very selective. And since I bought my 2005 BC Prius somewhere else, I have sent an envelope up to stockton for them to return my deposit and NO DEPOSIT YET.

Not to rain on your Asif Parade but I wouldn't buy from ToyotaTown.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I worked w/ Marcus over at Toyota Town and was very happy. They asked for a dep check which wasn't cashed until I got the car. Marcus touched base w/ me every 2 wks or so and total, it was 2 mos before I got the car. I am very satisfied w/ Toyota town but after my experience w/ Broadway auto in Oakland (highly not recommended) I understand your frustration.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am on the waiting list with Asif - called him, left message, he called right back... try calling a couple of times - he sounds busy - or try early evening... you might have better luck - let us know of your experiences.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's quite odd. Asif was quite courteous and responsive to my inquiries. I even told him that he's building a strong reputation here on PriusOnline.com which he seemed quite flattered by.

I almost bought a Prius from Fremont Toyota and I'm SO glad I didn't. It's day and night when it comes to the way they made me and my wife feel when buying the Prius. Fremont Toyota was very arrogant in their dealings with me (because they knew they had something I wanted) and with Asif, he was kind and courteous and grateful for our business.

I never once felt as though he "had me by the balls" as Fremont made me feel. I'm so glad my wife walked out of Fremont Toyota and that they didn't get our money.

Asif Mahmood at Toyota Town in Stockton (cell 209-327-0488)

Don't give up! Especially if you want your Prius in less than a month and only want to pay MSRP.

Shepherd
2005 Seaside Pearl, BC package
Paid MSRP @ Stockton ToyotaTown

·
Registered
87 Posts
Asif

So far Asif has met or exceeded ALL of my expectations. He does not always respond immediately to email or to a telephone. But then I don't either! I assume he does not live in front of a computer and like me chooses not to answer his cell phone a times.

I pick up my car on Oct 12. My wait was extended because I desired a 2005 not a 2004. Still my wait was only a few months.

It will be a package 7 (2004 speak) with no dealer add on's and for MSRP.

Jim Biggs
Scottsdale, AZ

·
Registered
37 Posts
I call Asif about once a week. More often than not, his cell phone
rolls over to voice mail. I hang up, not wanting to leave a message.

Invariably he calls me back within 15 minutes, even without a message.
It must capture my caller ID...
Sometimes he calls from the back seat of a demo ride...

These are good times for a Prius dealer, and I know he is busy.
I have absolutely no complaints with his responsiveness.

If you have your phone number blocked, or call from out of state,
your mileage may vary...

Now number 2 on the waiting list...

Robert Mitchell

·
Registered
133 Posts
Asif

Can't figure out why Asif didn't return the calls. Several time I called him on his cell phone too and didn't want to leave a message and he also called me back within 10 to 15 minutes. I do know the reception on his cell phone is lousy but he is #1 in my book.

·
Registered
623 Posts
You waited two weeks and paid MSRP. Does this mean the supply has caught up with the demand already? Or was it a fluke?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No idea although Asif stated that the previous customers turned down the Prius because of the color (Seaside) and I was next on the list that wanted a BC (#9) package.

My color requirements were a bit more flexible, I told him ANY color except black or white.

I think that's why I got the car so quickly....simply because I was flexible in colors. Asif stated that the previous customers wanted the Silver color and he said that's the most popular color and is in short supply.

Shep
2005 Seaside Pearl
BC Package

·
Registered
623 Posts
clshep said:
I think that's why I got the car so quickly....simply because I was flexible in colors.
Ha! You got the best color! (At least that's my opinion. Anyone that wants to disagree, I won't be offended.) Congratulations!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Daniel! I've been driving it to work (62 miles one way) ever since I got it and it's an awesome and comfortable drive! I agree with you, Seaside is an awesome color and you should see it after I put a coat of Auri on it.....oh yea baby.....I gotta wear my sunglasses....it's so shiney!

Shep

1 - 13 of 13 Posts