Toyota Prius Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thank you to Asif and the great folks at Toyota of Stockton...great trade in price, MSRP on my new Prius....and an excellent experience!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Asif in Stockton is whom I went through as well, he's DA MAN! I got my 2005 Seaside (#6) in 3 weeks from the time I contacted him! May I ask how long you waited and which Prii you got?

Shep

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another satisfied customer of Asif at Toyota Town in Stockton. We got on our local dealer's waiting list (8-12months) in mid-Oct. Then I read about Asif on this website, and gave him a call on Oct 26. He offered me a car the next day, but in one of the only colors we wouldn't take. We got our first choice of color and option package 3 weeks later, at MSRP, no surprises. Well worth the 3 hour drive to go get it. Give him a call at 209 327 0488.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Call me skeptical, paranoid, or just plain thick headed, but I find it difficult to believe that you've been lurking w/o a user name since October, only to post your first message praising your salesman.

To me this looks a whole lot closer to a post by, or on behalf of Asif in an effort to increase sales.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
melgish said:
Call me skeptical, paranoid, or just plain thick headed, but I find it difficult to believe that you've been lurking w/o a user name since October, only to post your first message praising your salesman.

To me this looks a whole lot closer to a post by, or on behalf of Asif in an effort to increase sales.
Ah melgish, you are such a cynic! Actually I think it's time we get Asif his own web site to sing his praises. Asifgotmemypriusquick.com
:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wouldn't think that 3 weeks of lurking, considering I didn't even own a Prius, would be that unreasonable. How many "Golly gee, I'm on a waiting list and sooo excited" posts do you want to read? :wink:

You can be as skeptical, cynical, or paranoid as you wish. All I know is that I discovered a much shorter wait (7 months shorter) as a result of this website, and I thought I'd return the favor.

Considering that every Prius salesman immediately sells every Prius that he can get his hands on, and that they all have some sort of waiting list, I am not sure how I am drumming up more business for Asif. Believe me, he will sell all his alloted Prii to someone, whether they hear about him here or not.

Anyway, I am happy to have the car, and stoked that I did not have to wait until next JUNE to get it. If anyone else feels like me, give Asif a call. If you are happy waiting, then ignore me.

Edited for spelling

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
raybo said:
I wouldn't think that 3 weeks of lurking, considering I didn't even own a Prius, would be that unreasonable. How many "Golly gee, I'm on a waiting list and sooo excited" posts do you want to read? :wink:

You can be as skeptical, cynical, or paranoid as you wish. All I know is that I discovered a much shorter wait (7 months shorter) as a result of this website, and I thought I'd return the favor.

Considering that every Prius salesman immediately sells every Prius that he can get his hands on, and that they all have some sort of waiting list, I am not sure how I am drumming up more business for Asif. Believe me, he will sell all his alloted Prii to someone, whether they hear about him here or not.

Anyway, I am happy to have the car, and stoked that I did not have to wait until next JUNE to get it. If anyone else feels like me, give Asif a call. If you are happy waiting, then ignore me.

Edited for spelling
Ah, don't pay melgish any attention. He's just gets an attitude every now and then and has to tweek someone(s).

What is your cut from Asif, by the way? :wink:

·
Registered
114 Posts
melgish said:

Are those black helicopters that you hear off in the distance?

Asif got me my car (our second Prius this year) in 25 days. I read in another thread that he got someone a car in six days. I registered here on Nov. 5th in order to respond to a thread on car seats. I've been registered on priuschat.com (as priusenvy) since March 2004, and have posted pictures of my wife's 2004 Prius there. If you doubt that I'm anything more than a satisfied customer of Stockton Toyota Town, send me a PM and I'll send you an email from my work email address, which should prove I have nothing to do with Stockton Toyota Town.

As someone else already pointed out, Stockton Toyota Town has no trouble selling every Prius they get, at MSRP, so they've very little to gain by shilling in these web forums. On the other hand, future CA Prius owners on 4-12 month waiting lists have a lot to gain from learning about Stockton Toyota Town.

·
Registered
99 Posts
How about this. Asif delivered two Pris in one day.

Last may, after I had been on the waiting list for less than three weeks Asif called me and told me he had a car for me, Millenium Silver-Package 9. No thanks I said, I wanted a red one but told him that my business partner would take the car. I drove her up to Stockton from San Francisco. When we arrived Asif said that he had a second Pri and if I wanted it I could buy it on the spot. I said to myself, "Myself, red is nice, but Silver is nice too." I bought it and silver has become my favorite color.

Asif is the nicest and most dedicated, nowledgable, helpful car guy I have ever met. If you call him with a question or problem he will answer or solve it now.

Disclaimer---I am in no way associaed with Stockton Toyota. Just a loyal and appriciateive customer.

Arizona Charlie

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
priusenvy said:
Are those black helicopters that you hear off in the distance?
No, they are olive drab. The van parked across the street black. I'm just pointing out a pattern that, to me at least, looks peculiar.

priusenvy said:
Stockton Toyota Town has no trouble selling every Prius they get, at MSRP, so they've very little to gain by shilling in these web forums.
If just one person calling for a Prius settles for a Camry, they've gained something.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Uhhh, no one is pushing a Camry that I read. I didn't deal with Asif, I dealt with Marcus - no longer there; and it was a very smooth experience by and large.

The effort to shill really wouldn't be worth it, considering how many of us on a regular basis have posted positive experiences. Spend 20 minutes setting up an account, to have 10 positive postings instead of 9?

Maybe he just had nothing to report before? To assume the worst, when there is no other evidence then being a new poster, seems a bit premature to say the least. To go further, and spell it out, is downright rude and obnoxious.

Spike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts